Project Support Office - Contract Lead
Project Support Office Contract Lead
Lead and develop the Project Office capability for a key contract to deliver high quality Program and Project Governance for our UK Managed Services business.
The role is to primarily to deliver required services to the the required standards in an efficient and cost-effective way. In addition, this role will work closely with the other Contract Leads to ensure best practise approaches are consistently implemented were possible.
- Ensure future contractual needs are met within budget and required timescales, to the required quality
- Ensure adherence to and provide support to the programme team with governance methods and processes, including Change Management, Financial Management, Configuration Management, Communication Management
- Identify, scope, implement and drive continuous service improvements to drive efficiencies and improve customer satisfaction, including opportunities for automation and tooling improvements
- Align resource project requests within own team and liaise with other PSO Contract Leads and Functional leads to secure efficient resourcing solutions.
- Liaise closely with Head of Delivery, PSO (Project Support Office) Manager and other senior stakeholders and implement a one team approach to issue resolution, handover and project delivery success
- Set appropriate business goals for their team to drive success against the Contract and Network Services Project Office key performance indicators balancing the needs for focused Customer Delivery, Staff Motivation and Ericsson Stakeholder return.
- Monitor resources and costs, ensuring delivery to the required budget and timescales. Ensure that time reporting is captured correctly within the online tracking system.
- Manage problems and challenges in good time to enable solutions to be implemented. Where not possible, to manage relationships with relevant stakeholders ensuring that messages are clear and transparent and action plans are put in place to mitigate any risk
- Experienced in communicating to Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to translate business requirements into objectives at working level
- Capable to provide strategic direction in line with business requirements
- Good understanding of Program and Project Management, including understanding of the theory and application of formal Program (e.g. MSP) and Project Management lifecycle methodology (e.g. XLPM, PMI, PRINCE2).
- Problem analysis and resolution capability
- Experience in Coaching and Mentoring
- Management of remote teams
- Must be a driven individual with the perseverance to achieve SLA targets and the confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Must be a good team player with a solid understanding of the customer's environment and needs.
Academic Background (desirable)
- Degree qualified
- Membership of relevant industry body (PMI, APM etc)
- Qualification in PM (MSc, PMP etc)
- ITIL Certified
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 283056