Senior User Experience Designer
The future will look very different and the future starts today. We are re-inventing the services provider experience and intend to accelerate the latest innovations seen in both mobile and cloud.
Ericsson does this by delivering best in class solutions and platforms with leading technologies, built and delivered by the best people. Now we’re taking the next step, leveraging web scale with an iconic user experience for our customers and their customers, and therefore be the partner of choice for service providers.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Interaction Designer to join us. As part of our design team you will foster a culture of user experience in the development process and will be integrated in a global UX community driving for consistency across our product suites. You will manage UX projects and be involved in interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, testing and analyzing concept to implementation of digital solutions.
You have 5+ years of user interface and visual design experience with Web, desktop, and mobile applications, including proven experience with different UX deliverables. You can adapt them to different uses, projects and constraints. You must be self-motivated, willing to be challenged by management, experts, development teams and customers, as well as work thoughtfully in building bridges between our offices globally.
The position is placed in Guangzhou, China and you will work closely with both development units and product managers to set the directions of our world-class digital services.
- Drive the product design through the whole lifecycle (via customer needs, task analysis, personas, storyboards, user flows, prototypes, GUI sketches, mockups, etc.)
- Produce elegant design concepts and proof of concepts, which consider both users needs and business goals
- Working directly together with our cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, developers, and other designers to design, develop, and implement innovative & cutting-edge UI’s.
- BA or BS degree in Interaction Design, Human Factor, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 5+ years of user interface and visual design experience with Web applications, desktop, and mobile applications
- Ability to produce and deliver designs at various levels of fidelity (e.g. whiteboard flows, Lo-Fi prototypes, pixel-perfect layouts, animated transitions)
- Solid graphical design skills
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, JustInMind, Axure, and a willingness to explore new tools
- Knowledge of user-centered design processes
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase, is a plus.
- Good understanding of software development life-cycle and experience in agile development.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Ability to initiate and lead new activities, and to work independently, as well as in a team
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Must be able to show a full and rich portfolio of projects you have worked on.
- Excellent in written and oral English.
Any of the following is considered a merit:
- Experience in B2B software applications.
- Experience in telecom domain (e.g. the user management, service exposure; Internet of Things domain software or service e.g. connected vehicle, IoT enablement).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || R&D
Req ID: 282987