Service Delivery Manager
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We are now looking for a Service Delivery Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the correct and proper delivery of customer support services to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the financial and commercial performance of delivered customer support services. You will also ensure that agreed margins are achieved whilst delivering Service Level Agreement fulfillment and customer happiness. The role also includes leading the customer network support engineers’ team and working closely with the competence centers, global support, and product line maintenance teams.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with and secure customer contract fulfillment
- Collaborate and maintain relationships
- Distribute information to internal partners and call out delivery issues
- You will stay up to date with financial data
- Identify new business opportunities
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree (technical or business)
- At least 3 years of experience in a delivery role
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong negotiation and argumentation skills
- You possess PROPS-C process and hardware services knowledge
- Strong change and improvement management skills
- Trade compliance knowledge
- Strong ability of coping with pressures & setbacks
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.