Head of Digital ASIC & FPGA Methodology & Tools
Ericsson is looking for an experienced manager and leader to build our newly formed Technology and Strategy section within the ASIC and FPGA sector. This newly created position is open to Kista, Austin or Lund, but the expectation is the leader of this position will work across the global organization Digital ASIC and FPGA. This position will report into the Head of Digital ASIC and FPGA.
Digital ASIC and FPGA sector delivers ASIC and FPGA solutions to PDU Radio and PDU Compute and Digital Silicon for Baseband, Streetmacro and Radio devices. This section will help drive strategy for ASICs within Ericsson.
Initial responsibility of this leader would be to provide scope proposals to help define the sizing of this organization and its appropriate impacts. Internal and External recruitment to help achieve the desired goals and responsibility would commence shortly after appointment of this position.
- Work closely with external EDA tool suppliers, PMO and Sourcing to enable state of the art tooling for ASIC design.
- Manage stakeholders to define needs of internal CAD tools.
- Manage Methodology/Tools WorkGroup. Enable efficiencies advancements in methodology and tools.
- Coordinate WoW and work processes
- Manage ASIC IT/IS. Forecasting of EDA + IT/compute needs. Optimize LSF utilization.
- Drive reuse and project optimization strategies at project predevelopment and pre-execution phases. Enable vender-agnostic solutions where possible.
- Significantly enable the deployment/Improvement of Agile/Lean WoW within whole organization
- Recruit and Retain Key Engineers needed to execute on these responsibilities as needed.
Technical education at a university level is required. M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics or similar and well documented leadership skills are required.
Required competence/ experience:
- You are analytical, structural and result oriented. You will find creative solutions when lacking information and act outside your formal area of responsibility when needed
- Has a genuine interest in digital ASIC/FPGA technology
- Significant understanding of ASIC R&D is required.
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Significant EDA vendor connections and a robust network within the silicon design engineering community.
- Strong network within Ericsson cross all of the stakeholder organizations and the ability to engage with key individuals.
- Knowledge and experience of R&D processes, including lean & agile practices
- Ability to find and drive continuous improvement work
- Strong experience in development initiatives in multi-site organizations or projects
- Business and costumer focused with a high accountability to deliver results
- Several years of experience within R&D organizations and/or Product Management Business and customer focused with emphasis on seeing the big picture and making decisions
- Strong communication skills and a good relationship builder
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Fully embrace the New Leadership Framework
- “One Ericsson” mindset
This position is available in Kista and Lund, Sweden,as well as in Austin, Texas, USA.
Please apply as soon as possible, since we are interviewing continuously for this position.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 282904