Head of FPGA & IP Design
We are now looking for a Manager for a newly formed ASIC and IP Design Department in PDU Compute and Digital Silicon in Kista, Sweden.
Digital ASIC and FPGA sector delivers ASIC and FPGA solutions to PDU Radio and PDU Compute and Digital Silicon for Baseband, Streetmacro and Radio devices. We are now introducing 2 new strategic departments in Kista to increase product focus, management capacity and support the global governance setup in digital ASIC/FPGA area.
This Department consist of around 110 R&D professionals divided in 5 IP Design sections (3-7). IP Design 6 and 7 are newly created as well in this organizational change; it is expected the Department Head to help recruit the needed line manager positions.The teams work as an integral part of Ericsson’s global digital ASIC/FPGA development muscle consisting of 600 R&D professionals in total. This Department drives responsibility for a portion of the ASIC design IP portfolio along with the FPGA section. These IP and FPGA designs will appear in both our Radio and Baseband product segments.
You, as a Department Head of FPGA and IP development leader are expected to teach, coach, challenge and develop leaders, individuals, teams and organizations and foster an innovative and learning culture. You are also responsible for developing and executing strategies and plans. You will keep a helicopter view on the ASIC/FPGA development to ensure digital ASIC/FPGA technology leadership with right scope, quality, and cost at the right time. You will focus on the whole flow from idea generation to product and continuously improve and evolve the ways of working.
Also as a Department Head, you will be expected to be a managerial sponsor of IP and ASIC programs to help coordinate amongst the global organization, provide a pathway for escallations, and provide additional support to ensure programs are executing to schedule, scope, and meeting their project expectations.
Furthermore, you are expected to:
- Strategically evolve the ASIC/FPGA development operations by participating in the leadership team and closely co-operate within the global Digital ASIC and FPGA sector leadership team and stakeholders
- Be part of fostering a motivating, customer oriented, and challenging work environment
- Contribute to drive internal efficiency, cost effectiveness via new- or alignment of existing ways of working across PDU Radio, PDU CDS and when applicable across DNEW
- Drive Lean WoW implementation in your unit and in the global digital ASIC/FPGA development organization
- Actively and proactively support ongoing projects and participate in PDU Radio and PDU BI reference groups meetings
- You will be part of the digital ASIC/FPGA leadership team and support the ASIC/FPGA head to ensure good cross-PDU cooperation and growth in the digital ASIC/FPGA area
The person in this position will report to the Head of Digital ASIC and FPGA based in Kista, Sweden.
- Technical education at a university level is required. M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics or similar and well documented leadership skills are required
Required competence/ experience
- You are analytical, structural and result oriented. You will find creative solutions when lacking information and act outside your formal area of responsibility when needed
- Has a genuine interest in digital ASIC/FPGA technology
- Several years of experience within R&D organizations and/or Product Management Business and customer focused with emphasis on seeing the big picture and making decisions
- Strong technical leadership skills, able to understand, support and challenge the technical issues facing your team of managers and product developers
- Knowledge and experience of R&D processes, including lean & agile practices
- Ability to find and drive continuous improvement work
- Strong experience in development initiatives in multi-site organizations or projects
- Business and costumer focused with a high accountability to deliver results
- A genuine interest in people
- Strong communication skills and a good relationship builder
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Fully embrace the New Leadership Framework
- “One Ericsson” mindset
This position will be located in Kista Sweden.
Please apply as soon as possible, since we are interviewing continuously for this position.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 282899