Create/update/manage database/schema/tables/indexes/users/roles to support over two dozen applications, work with wide variety of users spread over multiple timezones in US and global locations, support operations in non-prod and production environments including 7X24 support.
Manage database in standalone/cluster/grid configurations
Experience in at least two database flavors is desired - Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB, DB2
Experience in Encryption, Security, database monitoring, database backup/restore, replication
Scripting Tools (Shell, Perl, etc.), automation of database install/configuration/monitoring tasks
- Develops, maintains and improves standards, processes, architectural maps and tools to accomplish: the mapping of data resources, the profiling of data, the documentation of data architecture and movement, the design of the data movement through the enterprise, and the definition of integrative views of data for analytic purposes.
- Develops and maintains documentation for various processes they are responsible for: logical processes, hardware and operating system environments, dependencies on other systems, internal and external checks/ controls, and security.
- Provides technical support for existing databases and legacy systems through complete life cycle; Maintain and respond to trouble tickets.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies relative to data architecture development efforts. Recommends technologies that increase cost effectiveness, maintain quality standards, and promote data architecture flexibility and design integrity. Develops and provides oversight on implementation of all data interfaces and conversions within end-to-end integrated systems.
- Cross train and support other team members. Develops standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- Experience in data management, database management/ conversions, and/or database development, architecture, administration required.
- Subject matter expert in standalone/clustered/physical/virtualized environments
- Familiarity with applicable data privacy laws and practices.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership including previous performance as a highly effective team member and team leader.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Team-building and mentoring of others.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Richardson || IT
Req ID: 282708