2nd Level Operations Job stage 3
Job Description –Associate Engineer- CORE
Function: 2nd LA – CORE
Position: Associate Engineer 2nd LA
Location: Noida ( UP )
Working Hours: 24X7 (Primarily Night Shifts )
Qualifications: Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering Total Experience: 2-5 years in Telecom Industry
Relevant Experience: 2-5 yrs (relevant to GSM network)
Technical and/or functional skills: Network Nodes/GSM/SS7
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration activities related to CORE Network.
The Engineer reports to CA Manager.
The Engineer is responsible for performing the following activities:
- Configuration Changes on Core Nodes
- B Number/VAS Codes, GT/VGT/GTRC Configuration, Route Changes etc.
- POI /Signaling Creation/Shifting, Augmentation, De augmentation etc in MSS and MGW
- Trigger table definition, New CCN integration in core nodes
- Load balancing from one SDP to another SDP
- BSC/RNC Migration, New Node Integration
- Configuration related to HLR/HSS Nodes
- Excellent knowledge of call control, signaling, digit analysis.
- Coordination with Planning/ Customer/Back office /Project etc
- Interface with Customer, 3PP and Ericsson Departments
- Adherence to Processes
The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Engineer-SRF CORE functional role.
Good Technical Knowledge of the specific CORE nodes viz. MSC/MGW/HLR for Mobile Communication
Understanding of all Processes, routines activities and stakeholder management.
- Expertise on GSM Protocols (i.e. SS7, ISUP, BICC, SIGTRAN, INAP, CAP, TCAP, MAP, SCCP, Diameter, CS1+)
- Strong Technical competence on Nokia Rel4 CS Core network elements: NOKIA DX200, ATCA, NT HLR, One-NDS HLR, MGW IPA2800 and ATCA MGW UI5, UI6.
- Hands on Ericsson AXE 810, APZ 212 40, APZ 212 50, APZ 212 60, APZ 214 01/03, APG 40 C/2, APG 40 C/4, APG 43.Ericsson MGW , HLR and HSS Nodes
- Hands on experience on Huawei MSOFTX 3000, UMG8900, NE40E, ATCA, CSC3300, HSS9820, MRP6600, UGC3200.
- GSM, WCDMA with MNP call flows.
- Network Architecture and its subparts.
- Performance & Characteristics of CORE Network Nodes.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 282424