ICT Program Director/Manager Job stage 7
We are now looking for an ICT Program Director, who will be managing large and complex Digital Services projects and engagements towards one of Ericsson’s customers.
The PD will have overall responsibility of the Global Customer Unit contract(s) and will lead other Program Directors part of multi-country-customers programs.
The PD will drive solution definition, design and implementation leveraging industry best practices and Ericsson knowledge and capabilities. And will be responsible for the overall solution, the overall cost estimation, and the delivery model (mix of on-shore, near-shore and off-shore resources).
In this role, the PD will be supporting the Digital Services Customer Operations Manager as well as the Key Account Manager with extensive ICT, Digital Services and Telecom knowledge.
The PD will be responsible for actively seeking to improve Ericsson business objectives. Once the deal is won, the PD role will be the head of the delivery, until the complete fulfillment of the contract, ensuring the continuity from pre-sales to delivery, actively seeking to improve top and bottom lines with consideration to customer satisfaction and Ericsson’s business objectives since these programs often have visible impact on the Business Unit and corporate results.
The Program Director oversees all aspects of the program and correlated programs including overall financial responsibility, planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling overall program activities and correlated projects.
- Leadership skills
- Consultative skills
- Financial understanding
- Business understanding
- Sales & business development skills
- Customer insight
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Project management skills
- Problem solving
- Presentation & communication skills
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Persuading & Influencing
- Leading & Supervising
- Relating & Networking
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning & Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- PMI certifications (PMP, PgMP)
- You will be accountable for Contract fulfillment, managing complex integration, transformation, and digital programs, actively seeking to improve top and bottom lines with consideration to customer satisfaction
- You will have overall responsibility for CSR and CFR core-3 team in large and complex customer business engagements
- Ensure alignment of the customer solution with Ericsson portfolio strategy
- Responsible for dimensioning, and scoping of the customer solution
- Ability to identify potential sales opportunities/add-on sales
- Set-up, manage and deliver the program as defined in the program specification
- Drive the scope definition, cost calculation and planning for different players e.g. internal 3PP’s or Consultant
- Translate, analyze, and define customer requirements
- Manage operational relationships with the customer
- Manage the program operational relationship with the customer to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for the contract execution strategy and risk exposure
- Manage contract changes and/or amendments during the contract execution
- Secure delivery compliance to both contractual and business case requirements
- Drives the assigned solution team by definition of the total customer solution
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Director performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program
- Full knowledge of the client contract ruling the program.
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services aligned with the unadjusted margin expected targets.
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
- Develop program key performance indexes to ensure the program is executed according to its overall financial and delivery targets.
- Develop and promote a culture of replication of best practices across the program correlated projects as well as to ensure the knowledge learned in the program is shared with organizations outside the program.
Staff the program
- Align and secure the appropriate resources of the program with the resources owners inside the organization.
- In consultation with the program sponsors and leadership team stakeholders, engage, interview and select well-qualified program staff. Raise issues related to lack of resources, resources’ competences, and external recruitment whenever needed, to deliver the program.
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Establish drivers and key players within the program for appropriate program activities to ensure the success of the program delivery.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Ensure a comprehensive communication plan is in place as well as ensure progress reports are created in accordance to the appropriate set of stakeholders, such as clients, leadership team, program sponsors, and overall stakeholders.
- Communicate with sponsors as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the program sponsors and leadership team on a regular basis and whenever necessary.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for program sponsors are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted according to the established timelines and billing milestones
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct regular program assessments according to the program assessment framework
- Promote the culture of unadjusted margin improvement across the program staff during course of the program.
- Report program assessment findings to the program sponsors and leadership team and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Monitor, take actions and escalate any program deviations to program sponsors and leadership team, especially financial deviations.
- University degree in a related subject
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
- Knowledge of the most relevant technologies in the ICT market.
The Program Director should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 15 + years of experience, from within the Systems Integration Industry (consulting or Systems Integration) on driving transformation and/or digital programs or projects of high complexity
- Must have proven record of accomplishment in leading Telco type of Integration Engagements, at least 5 years of experience leading complex digital Projects/Programs;
- At least 5 years of experience using agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kaban, Safe or PMI);
- Well proven ability to transform customer requirements and expectations at a high level into a solution that Ericsson can realize as a customer engagement.
- Strong financial knowledge/training.
- Highly developed working knowledge of business process, including tender and sales
- Excellent Consulting skills with a proven record of accomplishment as a customer focused Senior Consultant.
- In depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including a thorough understanding of economic/ commercial/political issues affecting the industry.
- Excellent Leadership abilities proven through line manager or other comparable positions.
- Proven ability to drive team engagements in a tough and time sensitive environment.
- Results oriented. Able to work independently and take a logical and orderly approach to analyzing problems, organizing work, and planning actions.
- Strong ability to interact at the senior level; must have superior communication skills to influence others and meet deadlines while building strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and problem solve in stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business, or telecommunications discipline.
- MBA, from a top university, preferred
- Current PMP certification or is actively pursuing professional project management certification (PMP), recommended to be complete within 1 year
- Agile Certification PMI-ACP or Scrum Master or other is desired
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Mexico (MX) || || Mexico City || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 282348