We are now looking for a Oracle Database Administrator that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Work on TABS Billing System Admin, including oracle application server admin.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system
- Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to the service management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Development team and third parties as appropriate
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
- Incident management
- You will assist with Problem management, System administration and you will work with Billing operations
Skills / Attributes Required
- Strong Oracle Database Administration experience
- Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
- Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Experience of SQL Server is desirable
- Oracle Certification, preferably OCP
- Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- 3-5 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Ericsson knowledge
- English skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Working with people
- Creating & innovating
- Applying expertise & technology
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfil their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With about 95,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today
Tag: MMEAHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Saudi Arabia (SA) || || Riyadh || ServEng
Req ID: 281930