At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for an Infrastructure 3rd Level Support Engineer.
Your main responsibility is to ensure, from a product (or group of products) perspective and end to end perspective: the best cost effective design the adequate technology evolution and ensure the consistency of the infrastructure landscape and tools used focus on minimizing the need for big improvement during its lifecycle.
• Responsible for 3rd Level Infrastructure Support for owned Infrastructure setup:
- provide Incident Resolution within agreed SLA
- provide Workaround Analysis and Proposal
- support Root Cause Analysis
• Infrastructure design and implementation:
- responsible for the implementation of the new or enhanced hardware, virtualiation platforms, operating systems and monitoring tools based on the requirement specifications
- Physical hardware installation
- Ensure integrity of implemented hardware or sofware patches, updates and images
- Validate execution steps
- Deployment Execution
- performed ensuring the First Time Right KPI as defined at Service Delivery Unit level via Change Management Process
• Capacity and Performance activities
- Responsible for Capacity trend analysys for owned Application and Infrastructure;
- Generates Optimization recommandations based on analysys and received forecast
- creates and submits improvement proposals and purchase inventory to Financial stakeholders
• Efficiency improvement management
- Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in infrastructure delivery
- Offer consultancy, expertise and relevant documentation related to owned Infrastructure Setup provided to internal and external Customers.
- Generates Requirments Specification when observed the need of an improvment on the application or an oportunity for a new feature to be introduced
- Interaction and exchange of information between functions (System Integration, Research and Development, Operational teams, Capacity and Performance, etc.)
- Creates and maintains Work Instructions related to the tasks handled, proactively and/or according manager input and/or direct customer feedback, whenever new software feature is delivered
- Creates and maintainens Work instructions being compliant with Company standards and also quality level of information
• Academic degree, minimum on Bachelor level or at least 2 years relevant professional experience in IT environment (in a relevant field such as infrastrucuture support, datacenter operations and maintenance , IT support)
• Technical Experience Required:
- Expertise in Infrastrucuture hardware (servers, storages, datacenter networking), operating system administration, Operation System based services provided towards application groups
- Knowledge in Data Base Administration
- Experience in monitoring tools implementation and customization
- Experience with scripting languages (for example Ksh, Bash, Perl)
• Excellent communication skills in English
•Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
•Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
•Deciding & initiating action
•Planning & organizing
•Applying expertise & technology
•Presenting & communicating information
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
MELA HJ, HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 281658