IT Solution Architect - Virtualisation
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions our customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
IT Engineering is part of our global 24/7 Service Delivery Application and Platforms Organization within Business Unit Managed Services.
The scope of IT Engineering encompasses the design, development, deployment, LCM and L3 Support of our common IT production and Lab environments hosting our business applications and platforms.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; drive end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
Technical Skills - you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in designing complex IT environments including network, server and storage area
- Knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere systems (5.x/6.x)
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix products: XenApp
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server platforms (2008/2012/2016) and Linux systems (RedHat 6.x, 7.x)
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure and protocols as well as network security (TCP/IP, VPN, NAT, STP, VLAN, DMZ, MPLS, GSLB, routing, switching)
- Knowledge of load balancing technology (Citrix NetScaler / F5)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working in global multicultural environment
Nice to have skills:
- Private Cloud based on VMware vRealize Automation suite
- Software Defined Data Center concept including SDN, in particular, VMware NSX technology
- SAN/NAS storage systems (NetApp, Dell Compellent) and storage protocols: NFS, iSCSI
- Backup systems, e.g. SMVI, OSSV, Veeam
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix products: XenDesktop, NetScaler Unified Gateway
- Automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Artifactory, PowerShell / CLI)
- Database management (Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB)
Personal Skills - you are/you have:
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills;
- Focused on continuous improvement and increase effectiveness;
- Able to communicate technical information clearly and articulately to different stakeholders and to different customers;
- Able to perform effective planning, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple task assignments;
- Good presentation techniques, capable to structure and present an argument so that the desired result is attained;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.