Data Science Intern
Being a student at Ericsson is special. We give you the knowledge to learn, challenging tasks to grow yourself, and the opportunity to work on projects that change the future of technology in telecommunication.
You’ll only get to start your career once. Let’s make it a good one.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Data Science Intern.
We are a newly formed team to provide further analytical capabilities to Ericsson’s big data solution, Ericsson Expert Analytics (EEA). EEA is sold to mobile telecommunication operators around the globe to enable them to analyze all the information that is generated in their mobile networks in near real-time. Our team consists of both data scientists, subject matter experts with telecommunication domain expertise, and software developers. As a trainee you will be involved in most of our data science related activities.
- Get familiar with the Hadoop stack, especially Spark
- Get familiar with the data structure – this requires continuous knowledge transfer from our telecommunications experts, so you’ll get familiar with the telco domain as well
- Help us conducting different analytical tasks to better understand the fundamental relationships behind our datasets, improving the quality of our modeling activity
- Help us finding approaches that are capable of handling large volumes of data (we’re dealing with terabytes)
- Work hand in hand with telco experts to come up with machine learning and statistical models to solve network monitoring/optimization and marketing related tasks
- Learn working with parallel algorithms
- Take part in brainstorming sessions where the aim is to find use cases that are both valuable to customers and feasible as well
- Learn how to create proof of concept models and how to develop and integrate them into production level codebases
- And most importantly: You will have to read and learn a lot, both from our data scientists and from books, articles and blog posts as well
- Ongoing studies at a Hungarian university
- We work in an international environment, a good understanding of English is necessary
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Basic knowledge of data mining algorithms
- Be willing to dive deep into the math required
- Experience with R/Python/Scala/SQL is a plus
- Experience in data science projects (previous work, Kaggle, etc.) is a plus
What we offer
- Professional training courses
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage)
- Right next to the BME and ELTE campus, in a brand new building
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D; Stud&YP
Req ID: 281513