Baseband Software Development Tester
Ericsson is pleased to announce the opening of a new design/development center in the heart of Austin, Texas. Taking advantage of the large pool of software talent of Austin, Ericsson is creating a new SW development team here to work on 5G! We’re looking to staff a large number of design positions in several development areas.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. Pre-commercial trials are happening now and the possibilities across industries are endless – from automotive and transports to agriculture, utilities and more.
We work with the latest generation of 4G and 5G broadband wireless technology. Our unit is responsible to systemize, design, implement and integrate software features to control the air interface.
You will report to a section manager at the Austin site and will work closely with the cross functional teams (XFT) and/or product guardian teams or other key functions. The unit is based in Austin, Tx.
As a Developer you will develop & maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions), including development activities like requirement analysis, design, integration, verification, configuration management, PLM support, product documentation.
This quality assurance role consists of verifying and integrating content for Ericsson’s products. The role requires the employee to:
- Integrate, troubleshoot and verify new features and functions on the Ericsson eNodeB product.
- Perform legacy quality assurance and feature interaction testing
- Apply knowledge wireless communication protocols (e.g. 5G, LTE)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software.
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all test analysis and test plans
- Work collaboratively in small cross-functional teams that include design and system engineers.
- Ideal candidates for this position should have a passion for test and ensuring quality, be inquisitive and quick to learn, be able to debug when things go wrong.
- Experience with wireless air interface (e.g. LTE, WCDMA), end-to-end feature testing involving base station and mobile (e.g. eNodeB and UE)
- Experience with functional, performance, robustness, configuration, capacity, and complex feature interaction testing
- Understanding of physical layer, signaling layer and protocol layer, throughput versus SNR, mobility handling, RF testing
- Able to plan lab and debug setup, design and capture test case in test database, execute test plan, log test results, analyze data, and author test reports
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP networking
- Work with SW designers to verify test builds, collect debugging info, reproduce SW faults from the field, do binary search of SW builds and/or configuration settings to isolate root cause.
- Scripting, programming and automation skills are an asset
- People skills, organization, communication and multi-tasking skills are an asset
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards
- Knowledge of Viavi (previously Cobham, Aeroflex) test solutions, Qualcomm QXDM, Sanjole Wavejudge, Keysight (previously Electrobit, Propsim) fading channel emulator
- Bachelor’s Degree
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Austin || R&D