2nd Level Operations Job stage 7
JOB DESCRIPTION: 2nd LA Engineer/Senior Engineer(Cloud Services )
Engineer / Sr. Engineer/Specialist – 2nd LA
- Competence Domain
NFV and Cloud
- Competence Area
- Essentials for the role
Engineer shall be responsible for supporting Cloud solution for customer. This essentially includes understanding solution (HLD,LLD), support, configuration, Integration, Acceptance Testing, customer coordination, documentation and training etc. He/She should have deeper understanding on cloud, virtualization and related Infrastructure technologies. This position includes (but not limited to) proactively working with other stakeholders (i.e. solution architect, different OEM etc.), effective communication, coaching and guidance to team.
This role demands positive mind-set, 24*7 support and hands on delivery experience in respective areas of expertise.
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines.
- To priorities faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- To ensure correct working methodology.
- To handle emergencies and if required coordinate with Emergency support.
- To investigate faults/cause related to system/network problems.
- Execute system configuration changes as per given access rights.
- Analyses the solution from an end 2 end perspective Provide extensive support for HLD and LLD.
- Support Solution build over Openstack.
- Support of Openstack solutions with multiple vendors and solutions like storage (SAN, NAS) and networking (SDN controller).
- Acceptance testing including End to End Solution testing.
- Execute test & acceptance.
- Prepare Method of Procedure for configuration.
- Perform Fault and performance management for Openstack components.
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting of Openstack services to meet end results. Prepare scripts for data collection, health check and monitoring.
- Perform database management (relational and NoSQL) for application and Openstack service configurations.
- Main Tasks
- Second level escalation resolutions.
- Handle and analyze trouble tickets, recommend timely actions and solutions with guidance or supervision, when necessary.
- To handle and execute the Change Request in stipulated time frame.
- To execute WO received for any third party node in stipulated timeframe
- Perform second level Preventive Maintenance of nodes.
- Close co-ordination with third party vendors
- Involved in upgrade/updates of live nodes.
- Rollout of New Feature as per MOP
- Required education and experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent
5-8 years of experience in support or Integration Projects out of which 3 years hands on cloud solution support/design/deployment/integration.
The qualifying candidate should process skills described in either section 8.1.1 Skill Set - 1(Nice to Have) OR section 8.1.2 Skill Set - 2(Must Have) along with common skills mentioned in 8.1.3 Common Skill Set.
- Working knowledge of either of one cloud technology Microsoft Azure/GCE/VMware vCloud.
- Knowledge of PaaS, SaaS.
- Knowledge of Python programming language.
- Working Knowledge of Telecom( like SAE, Diameter, SS7 or IMS).
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in overall systems / network.
- Strong experience on Openstack cloud platform and services.
- Hands-on usage of Virtualization Technologies from KVM, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, HP, Red Hat or IBM (at least one vendor), Openstack (FusionSphere)
- Hands-on knowledge of Storage solutions SAN/NAS.
- Experience in supporting cloud solution in production environment.
- Working experience with Cisco and Huawei Cloud infrastructure and virtualization.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them during business impacting incidents.
- Experience with diverse hardware platforms (Huawei, HP, Cisco, Dell, etc.). Specially Blade systems.
- Understanding of cloud automation technologies.
- Understanding of Configuration management – Puppet or Chef.
- Strong Knowledge of Operating System – RHEL, SUSE, CentOS etc. (At least one of them) and Security (SELINUX).
- Good working knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Good knowledge and experience on virtual networking, virtual switches (openvSwitch) and SDN- North bound (REST http API), south bound interfaces (OpenFlow), SR-IOV and DPDK.
- RESTful API troubleshooting, able to write scripts to call different Openstack API’s.
- Working knowledge of NFS, FCoE, SAN, ISCSI, REST HTTP, SNMP protocols.
- Good understanding of network devices i.e. Load Balancer, Firewall, switches, routers etc.
- Should have good skills on trouble shooting tools
- Good aptitude in learning of working of new nodes which are added in the network.
- Good knowledge and skills in Communication
- Good knowledge and skills in Cultural Awareness
- Good knowledge and skills in Teamwork & Processes
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to be highly independent in work environment & self-driven approach
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Fast learner and good team player.
- Actively share knowledge and willing to learn new skills.
- Possess an acute interest in gathering clues about problems to assist the design team in isolating problems.
- Willingness to take a proactive approach when issues are found and put in the effort required to get to the root of technical problems
- Optional (Good to have)
- Experience in Telecom applications.
- Certification in any one of virtualization technology: VMware/RHEV/Hyper-V.
- Basic/Advance level of certification in cloud technology.
- Good knowledge of Ericsson
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || IT
Req ID: 280830