Process Manager - Continual Service Improvement
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The requirement is for process manager for continual service improvement within Group IT, Strategy Development & Planning, unit has the responsibility to improve overall IT processes by identifying fact-based improvements to the IT Environment, driving them, and measuring progress by defining & tracking objective KPIs.
- Improvement scope: People, Process, Tools & Technology
- Organizational scope: Cross IT, including alignment with Units outside IT
- Use and promote established methods: Improvement Management / Lean / Six Sigma DMAIC/ Issue Based Problem Solving, COBIT, ITILv3, ISO 20000 etc.
2020 focus areas are executing & mentoring Lean projects, conduct VSM workshops, Supporting IT Process governance and supporting key projects in IT process value streams
The CSI Process Manager will play an instrumental role in creating a fact-based IT Process organization, by owning and managing important analytical and information assets which will be used for making crucial operational decisions.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- The CSI Process Manager should demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Communicating & convincing senior stakeholders on required process improvements
- Involve in key projects/improvement projects as a Mentor/Six Sigma Expert
- Conduct value stream workshops to detail process issues, execute RCA and develop improvement plan
- Take ownership on new initiatives on IT process data quality
- Ability to understand IT sub processes/KRAs and develop KPI requirement to measure performance
- Ability to support identification of process improvements in collaboration with Process Managers
- Support on process compliance/audit/process modelling as needed
Candidate Qualifications & Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in management (MBA/PGDM) and/or Technology (M.E) is preferred
- 10 years’ experience of leading enterprise IS/IT organizations in IT process improvement
- Analytical skills - Must have proven experience in structuring and handling large amounts of data from various sources; Ability to store and manage data in systematic ways with clear audit trail; Lean Six Sigma green belt certification is necessary. Lean six sigma black belt will be an advantage.
- IT skills - Basic IT understanding is required; Preferably experience in Enterprise IT environments with a plethora of Services, Applications, and Processes
- IT Process skills - Preferably experience from analyzing, working with, and improving IT Processes (ways of working); certification is preferred (ITIL Foundation is necessary)
- Communication skills - Must have experience in integrating data and analysis into clear understandable messages (typically in writing)
- Tools skills - Must be proficient with Minitab/SPSS, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Customer focused, Delivery Focused, and Committed to Say-Do
- Driven, Self-starters/go-getters able to identify scope, drive initiatives and conclude results. Work with minimum hand-holding
- Business understanding and result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication capabilities. Customer-oriented, flexible, good listener
- Ability to engage with global teams with cultural diversity across time-zones
- Ability to prioritize business criticality and willingness to stretch to achieve superior results within strict dead-lines
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Openness to accept and suggest ideas proactively and openness to learn cross-functional activities and can engage
- Demonstrate inclusiveness with other team members and welcome ideas and suggestions
- Good business process management skills
- Ability to lead or take a leading role
- Good communication skills
- Well organized and likes to simplify things
- Excellent developed social competence and ability to work in teams
- Facilitating skills, highly motivated with lot of energy
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.