Global Head of Corp IT
The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the global network, storage, compute and end user Corporate IT platforms within Red Bee Media, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our internal and external customers. The Corporate IT environment consists of all technologies that create a great user experience for RBM staff, vendors and customers, such as PC’s, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Printers, Remote Access and the like. As the ‘Face of IT’ for the business you and your team will be responsible for owning and managing this environment across all RBM global offices to ensure our staff can operate at their best for our customers.
You will report to, and work closely with, the Head of Infrastructure Operations and will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team, other technical specialists and the operational teams across the business. You will lead a team of skilled technical staff and will assume responsibility for supporting the Corporate IT infrastructure, including the ongoing operation and life-cycle management across all Red Bee Media global sites. You will also provide direction for a team of shared technical resources in our Global Service Centre. As such you will split your time between managing the team and performing a senior technical supervisor role. This could include participating in an out-of-hour’s on-call support rota as a point of escalation.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career into leading a team while still maintaining a technical aspect.
Responsibilities may change as the business requires, however at present key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage the global Corporate IT team to ensure the effective delivery and support of high quality internal IT services across all global Red Bee media office locations for 2000+ users
- Act as a mentor to staff
- Ensure best practice is adhered to, promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise workload to help drive up and maintain stability of all systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure regular one on one meetings are conducted with staff and perform annual personal development reviews. Coordinate training for the team where required.
- Manage communication strategy for all corporate technology changes
- 1st/2nd/3rd line incident management and tracking from inception to resolution within agreed timescales
- Act as a 24x7 escalation point for issues impacting global corporate IT infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with other Infrastructure and technology teams for all IT related policy
- Recommendation, design, installation, testing and delivery of service improvements
- Create and implement standard processes, policies, user guides etc for the end user landscape
- Actively guide users to self-sufficiency through increased understanding of systems and technology
- Liaise with Infrastructure teams and manage relationships with consulting partners and 3rd party vendors for support where necessary. Manage the procurement of all corporate IT equipment
- Manage the Corporate IT incident/problem/change management processes in line with business directives
- Act as the senior IT liaison between Corporate IT, the global finance teams and Ericsson central IT
- Work closely with Management to define and maintain the annual Capital and Operational Corporate IT budgets and ensure that financial targets are met.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the Computer Misuse Act, the Data Protection and Health & Safety Acts (as applicable to IT usage), GDPR, etc.
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Leading and managing others including recruiting and carrying out all associated HR functions for a team of specialist engineers
- Substantial experience fault finding in complex system and network infrastructures
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience with all core Microsoft EUC technologies from an architecture and administration perspective (AD, Win10, DNS/DHCP, PowerShell, SCCM & application deployment, endpoint encryption, VDI)
- Knowledge of, and some experience with core network infrastructure technologies (firewalls, routing, TCP/IP)
- Experience with integration of all aspects of a corporate IT environment (Apple MAC, Mobiles, printers, security, AV, remote access,)
- Deep understanding of ITIL/ITSM and experience working in a change controlled environment
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and should be familiar with presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Liaising with offshore and/or outsourced teams
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies, gained through involvement in corporate IT projects
- Providing oversight for global IT projects to ensure on time delivery of new technology solutions
- Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, across a range of situations. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: ICT Line manager Job Stage 07