ICT Program Director
ICT Programme Director
- This is a new opportunity, created due to expanding scope with a major global mobile Operator
- The ICT Programme Director is appointed to support pre-sales, planning and delivering of complex business benefits-based engagement.
- The Program Director is responsible for managing the program objectives, introducing the business capabilities and preparing for the realization of expected benefits according to plan.
- Moreover, the Program Director is responsible for tracking the contribution of each project and the non-project work to the consolidated program outcomes and to communicate to the stakeholders, regarding the program performance and issues.
- In customer engagements the Program Director is furthermore responsible for strengthening the partnership with the customer by acting on its behalf and by securing that the activities reflect the business objectives of the customer.
- The ICT Programme Director to join the Telecom Core & Cloud (TCC) Program team and to take accountability for the end to end delivery of a major unified cloud infrastructure programme (known as UNICA), the virtualised network function programmes (IP Multimedia Subsystem (vIMS) and Evolved Packet Core (vEPC)) that the UNICA platform will host. Governance and mentoring of each programme through daily contact with the relevant Programme Director/Programme Managers (UNICA, vIMS and vEPC) is an essential part of this role, so strong leadership experience essential.The UNICA platform program is part of Ericsson's global virtualization program, which delivers the capability for the relevant team to expand their virtualization of various elements of their core network such as vIMS and vEPC.
- The ICT Programme Director will be accountable for service delivery scoping during the pre-sales phase and/or execution of the solution to delivery in quality, time and budget.
- Responsible for the implementation of Program and Project governance as per current governance model
- Monitor, safe-guard and improve the profitability of the project/contract implementation
- Review the contract/project progress and performance on regular basis with the project/contract manager to ensure customer expectations are met and Ericsson contractual obligations are delivered
- Ensure the Ericsson Processes and Business Line Ways of Working are followed for the programs and projects
- Assist marketing to achieve market and business objectives as part of the offer and contract negotiation team
- Act as a point of escalation for customers’ operational issues
- May be required to travel to the customer location as and when need arises or business requires, e.g. during operationally critical interventions, as well as cut-overs, migrations, launch of new services etc.
- Identify need and requirements for Customer Project Managers to be part of the delivery within the program
- Articulate requests for services and / or resource assignments to the services organization to realize contracts goals and meet customer expectations
- Based on inputs from and alignment with the Key Account Manager, provide forecast on opportunities and services delivery needs to the service delivery line management
- Prime customer interface for services/operational issues
- Building a strong Customer Relationship at C-Level (IT, Engineering, Marketing, Finance etc.). Daily presence at customer site, becoming a sort of Ericsson “agent” at the customer premise to increase the customer’s trust in Ericsson as a system integrator.
- Driving up-sales opportunities
- Coaching the team, to interact with them and to support them in their professional growth, and to identify and recognize talents.
- Supporting asset and organizational set-up and growth; a main contributor to the Professional Service culture growth, delivery methodology fine-tuning as well as harvesting the best practices from the programs driven.
- Education: BE in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Extensive experience in the Telecom/ICT field, of which a significant amount should be program management.
- Area of expertise – Telco Core & Cloud
- Experience in IT transformation project with high complexity
- Experience in setting up virtualized infrastructure
- Cloud deployment experience will be a plus
- Strong financial acumen
- PMP or similar certification
- Strong communication skill is a must
- Ability to work under stress is a must
- Team player with strong people leadership is a must
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || IT
Req ID: 280237