Access Services Client Assistant
Red Bee Media Overview
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels.
In Access Services we provide subtitles for the Deaf and Hard-of-hearing (closed captions), sign language translation and audio description to fulfil the regulatory requirements of broadcasters and content owners around the world. We provide over 230,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 100,000 hours of which is live. We are the largest global supplier of audio description by volume and deliver more than 2,500 hours of sign language translation per year, including live news. Our UK clients include the BBC, BT Sport, Channel 4, Channel 5 and UKTV.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
There are two assistant teams in Access Services, the successful candidate will be placed in either team based on operational need. The Client Assistant will work on a rota, be responsible for inputting and preparing client schedules, keeping worklists up to date and ensuring schedule changes are implemented. They will also be responsible for obtaining media, scripts and other materials to assist in the subtitling, audio description and signing processes – ensuring targets and deadlines are adhered to. This role will also perform a variety of admin tasks and checks to assist the Duty Manager in ensuring that all access services - subtitling, audio description and signing - are delivered to our clients accurately.
This role reports initially to the Scheduling Supervisor, Access Services.
- Inputting clients’ future TV schedules into workflow tool and planning subtitling effort
- Flagging access services in clients’ scheduling systems
- Actioning schedule changes and running daily checks to ensure worklists are 100% accurate
- Liaising with clients, TV production companies and Red Bee Media Management to obtain media, scripts and other materials to aid subtitling, AD and signing production processes – ensuring targets and deadlines are met
- Preparing scripts as appropriate to make the subtitling process more efficient
- Managing the ingest and delivery of media via FTP or manually ingesting from DVD.
- Sending subtitle files to archive and transmission
- Ensuring client satisfaction through quick, clear and accurate responses.
- Responding to production staff and Duty Manager queries.
Key Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrable administrative experience including accurate record keeping
- Ability to work alone and as an integral part of a team
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships, particularly those defined in Key Relationships below
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Ability to use own initiative, work flexibly and under pressure to deadlines
- Basic knowledge of Excel; experience of working with new technology
- Good understanding of output across all clients
- Duty Managers
- Scheduling Supervisor
- Scheduling Leads
- Production staff
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Glasgow || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 280231