IT System Engineer
IT System Engineer, Access Services
Red Bee Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ericsson and has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain, Australia as well as the US. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial organizations in the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between.
Access Services use a number of bespoke systems to aide planning and production of Subtitling, Audio Description and Sign Language Translation output. This IT Systems Engineer role will be run out of the Duluth, GA office and is offered as a permanent contract.
- The IT Systems Engineer‘s main duty will be to provide user support for users in North America. This will largely, but not exclusively, be provided onsite within the Duluth Operation.
- The IT Systems Engineer will also be required to provide systems support for the bespoke back end servers and services. These services are typically are run from an offsite but local Data Centre, the UK and Australia.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be required to provide remote 1st / 2nd line support for the global operation, where other operations are outside of normal ‘office hours’.
- The role will require a level of OnCall for supporting the local operation.
Whilst this role is primarily technical, it requires excellent communication, teamwork and collaboration, working with clients and colleagues globally to deliver and support our technical architecture and strategy.
Key responsibilities and duties
- The IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for responding to, resolving and documenting incidents and issues reported to them through local and remote users; In addition they will be required to respond to customer incidents and alerts generated by monitoring systems, proactively diagnose and resolve issues with the supported systems within agreed SLAs.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be required to communicate effectively, ensuring the operation and key stakeholders are notified of any ongoing issues and their resolution.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be required to write reports, maintain comprehensive records and logs of all technical work carried out.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be required to collate and manage repeat incidents (‘Problems’) with a remote 3rd line team.
- The IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of the services, ensuring tidy, managed and safe working at all times.
- To build professional relationships with Access Services’ staff, internal and client engineering teams.
- To prioritize and triage workload according to operational criticality.
- To undertake on-call responsibilities supporting Access Services’ North America operation
- To assist in the rollout of new hardware, software and software updates or changes, adhering to change procedure.
- To ensure technical standards and performance specifications of the equipment and systems within their care are met and maintained.
- To carry out routine maintenance work as required on site and within associated data centers.
Degree educated with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Operating Systems and experience providing desktop and remote support in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
- Active Directory, DNS, GPO & DHCP, RDP
- Linux Operating Systems and experience providing systems support
- AWS Technologies, such as EC2, S3, Serverless / Lambda and IAM
- Previous experience in a support or customer-facing role.
- Experience with Broadcast, esp. Access Services technologies (Subtitling protocols, Audio Description and Speech recognition)
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting audio/video equipment, ideally within a live broadcast media environment.
- Experience with internet protocols, standards, technologies and applications.
- You take the initiative and are systematically focussed on results.
- You meet and exceed customer expectations.
- You communicate and inform your clients & colleagues in a helpful and effective way.
- You have a strong appreciation of a live 24/7 multi-location operation in a complex dynamic environment
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Duluth || IT
Req ID: 280122