Experienced Researchers, Security
Job title: Security Researchers to Ericsson Research Turkey
Ericsson Research – Creating the full value of connectivity, through world-leading research, empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Ericsson, the leader of mobile communications, is conducting world-leading research in various research areas, under its global organization Ericsson Research, with presence at several sites and in all continents. Ericsson Research has the responsibility to provide Ericsson with new technologies and innovative system concepts, driving the standards and the development of future communication systems. Ericsson Research Turkey is a newly opened research site in Istanbul, which is active in two research areas; the Network Architecture and Protocols area and the Security area.
Research Area Security is recruiting 4 new researchers
Research Area Security performs research on all aspects of network, platform and service security, ranging from basic cryptography in hardware, all the way to the user interface by which the end-user interacts with the security functions. This includes 5G and IoT security, identity management, privacy, software security, monitoring and audit, and trustworthy systems. We cooperate globally with leading academic institutions and together with our customers and partners. We drive the standards in 3GPP and other security standardization fora. Our work generates patents and the required expertise to serve Ericsson’s product and business units.
As a researcher in Research Area Security you will perform or drive complex research tasks and participate in in advanced research projects, developing new concepts and technologies for current and future mobile networks. With the vision of building trust for 5G and IoT systems, you will work on several research activities focusing on software security, privacy preservation, confidential computing, AI/ML security, malicious device detection, and formal verification. Your work will include concept development, design, analysis, and implementation of various security solutions, as well as mechanisms and processes to enhance secure software and systems development. The work may require participation in international standardization efforts and will include extensive cooperation with different Ericsson units and external partners such as universities. Your research results will be delivered in the form of technical reports, academic papers, white papers, proof of concepts, and standard contributions, protected by patents.
The successful candidate for this role will be working in an international team, of world-class researchers, with diverse backgrounds and experiences in the security area, including the key authorities and thought leaders globally, who are contributing to standardize mobile technologies used by billions of people worldwide. This also means that you will have the opportunity to gain security expertise for wireless systems, opportunities for continuous learning and growth, impacting our ways of working, and travel globally including the possibility of becoming an attractive candidate for an international career in other parts of our company, trying new roles and responsibilities, and much more.
- PhD degree, PhD candidate, or equivalent, in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Wireless Communications, or similar technical fields.
- For senior roles, proven track record as a security researcher in private sector, academia or other research organization
- For senior roles, publications on security-related subjects in high quality journals or conferences
- A very good understanding of the principles and use of cryptographic primitives and protocols
- A very good understanding of past, current, and emerging security topics including threats, exploits, algorithms, architectures, solutions
- Good understanding for digital and wireless communications, cellular architectures, mobile network functions, interfaces, and communication protocols.
- Programming background in C, C++, Java or Python
- Good understanding and experience in at least one of the following topics:
o security in software development process, operating system security, application security
o security in machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep neural networks, reinforcement learning
o security of mobile broadband networks and 5G-enabled applications including IoT, AR/VR, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation
o hardware, device, platform and virtualization security
- Strong analytical skills, a positive mindset, and ability of finding innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Rich in initiative, creative, and with strong personal drive, and commitment.
- Excited to work in an environment where you cooperate closely in a diverse team, together striving to fulfil common targets according to set strategies.
- Able to coach and mentor other researchers
- Can communicate with people and find it easy to explain your findings and convey your knowledge to others.
- The candidate must be able to communicate very well in English, both in written and oral form
Other meritorious experience:
- Experience in proposal writing, participating and coordinating in multi-party international projects with grants
- Knowledge and experience in intellectual property rights and patent application filing
- Knowledge and experience in technical standardization work
- Knowledge and experience in EU project consortia work
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 95,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Turkey (TR) || || Istanbul || R&D
Req ID: 280059