The SDN Solution Architect will interface with PDU, Product Managers, Solution Managers and other Domain SAs as the solutions expert on SDN and NFV (EVR). Design and implement customized SDN Solutions in both Cloud and non-Cloud environments. Validate existing solutions in lab or customer network using Ericsson and 3PP products. This role requires advanced IP skills with strong knowledge of SDN, Virtualization and Cloud technologies.
As the critical in the project it is essential to have excellent verbal and written skills focusing on attention to detail.
The Consulting & Systems Integration SDN/NFV Solution Architect supports the realization of SDN/NFV/Cloud solutions in Labs and Customer environments.
- Gathering requirements from Customers (internal and external) for design and implementation of SDN/NFV (EVR) solutions.
- Coordinating with PDUs, Product Managers and different Lab Environments to realize and implement solutions.
- Understand 3PP requirements and capabilities in the design and implementation phase.
- Coordinate with SAs from other domain areas e.g. Packet Core, IMS and Cloud on the design of end to end solutions.
- Creating HLD designs for SDN/NFV (EVR) solutions.
- Coordinating project execution with matrix organizations spread across different domains and geographic regions.
- Have good experience in delivering end to end Solutions within IP and SDN Domain
- Have strong understanding of OpenStack, Networking and Virtualization
- Scope, design, define and plan for Infrastructure Architecture and system deployment and/or upgrade as well as integration of SDN and NFV (EVR) Solutions for Cloud and non-cloud environments.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Ability to design and lead Proof of Concept Trials in the SDN/NFV area.
- Scope the project and engineer the desired solution and Work with Product Engineering team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Act as the technical lead for solutions, with a high level of Customer interaction and co-ordination with Product Development Units, Operations & Competence Centers and the Customer Technical and Marketing Teams.
- Possess a strong consultative mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperate in teams, projects and networks to achieve results
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Ability to travel.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences
Knowledge and skills in the following areas will be assessed:
- Preferably over 4 years relevant experience in the area of Solution Architect
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal and excellent English.
- Thorough understanding of IP and IT networking technologies
- Knowledge and experience building Cloud infrastructure and virtualization, Network function virtualization
- Virtualization and Networking Technologies (i.e. KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK, vmWare. Neutron, FUEL, VxLAN, MPLSoGRE, Openflow)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV/SDN)
- Ability to find and understand relevant standards such as 3GPP and IETF
- Ability to lead others and work in a team environment
- IP Professional Certifications: CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, JNCP, ECN-IPN or equivalent
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 280009