Major Responsibilities of a Cognos OPS member are as follows:
• Maintaining the Cognos Portal & Platform administration knowledge for Cognos 11
• Managing the user access & Cognos capability mapping through AD groups and data sources in Cognos connection
• Configuring load balancer for Webservers, failover-failback mechanism for Application servers
• Accountable for generating ad-hoc reports from audit database regarding usage, user count, report or cube build failure tracking etc. when demanded by projects
• Developing knowledge of RS reports, active reports, interactive dashboards
• Development of Data modules and data set for dashboards development
• Development of packages for reporting using Framework Manager
• Monitoring the migration & deployment of images and placing them in the Web Content Folders of Gateway Server
• Responsible for maintaining the list of all the activities/work logs for all the tickets (using BMC remedy ticketing tool) until it is closed down
o Monitoring Cognos environment for usage and performance metrics.
o Troubleshooting code and performance related issues.
• Changed the parameters in installation files, Cognos connection, application servers, gateway servers etc., as suggested by IBM Cognos support team, for enhancing performance
• Supervising the CPU usage, I/O utilization and RAM memory usage for multiple production servers to ensure the proper function of Production portal using 3rd party tools like VMWare and Zabbix
• Developed new file system location to save the report outputs in a specific NAS location
• Installed new Fix Packs released by IBM Cognos and carrying out the configuration thereafter
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 279982