Automation and Innovation Manager
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The role will focus on automation and innovation activities in Network Operations in Australia. The Automation & Innovation Manager is an important role within our organization, reporting to the Australia and New Zealand (ANZA) Head of Network Operations and working closely with the Market Area Head of Automation, Innovation & Quality.
This role has a strategic and operational focus, requiring a high degree of interaction with project teams, Managed Services and Ericsson staff from around the globe. You will initially have a team of three direct reports.
There are two main dimensions to the role.
- Driving Serviceability portfolio and Market Area innovations into ANZA
- Collaborating with Market Area Automation Garage peers, Serviceability product managers & global R&D
- Identifying and investigating new automations/innovations
- Reviewing external tools/software
- Assessing benefits, impacts & business case for ANZA
- Developing ANZA automation strategy roadmap
- Managing trials/tool rollouts
- Promote automation and innovation knowledge and culture to Network Operations ANZA all staff (eg Automation Week events and regular knowledge sharing)
- Driving local automation
- Review ways of working of all teams in Network Operations including local and offshore teams working on ANZA projects.
- Maximising efficiencies, quality and profitability within our deliveries
- Come up with solutions, particularly more automated ways of working
- Working with global and regional teams to identify and realise appropriate local solutions
- Manage testing, roll out, training and adoption of new local automations
- Share relevant ANZA innovations with Market Area Automation Garage community
- Strong understanding of technology and using it as a tool to enable the business
- Experience working in organisation where technology is a key element of the business
- Demonstrated ability to work within Matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence to a senior level
- Ability to translate "technical speak" to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Innovative approach to problem solving and able to translate this into results
**Only candidates with Australian Work Rights will be considered**
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Docklands || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Service Delivery Line Manager Job Stage 08