Solution Architect Role
Assignments to customer project as well as internal DC evolution cycle responsibility are expected. Responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end IT \ DC platforms technical solutions based on the customer’s specifications and business needs. Responsible for short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by being part of or working closely with the Core 3 team to translate the customer need and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals. Responsible for internal IT infrastructure of local internal DC development. Definition of technical strategy with alignment to NFV-I lifecycle aspects, existing capabilities, demand from application layer. Strategy implementation leadership. Hands-on involvement is expected.
Commercial knowledge and skills
Good understanding of market development and technology trends for Modern Data Center Infrastructure Solutions and how new IT/Cloud based offerings are addressing market challenges and creating main customer values of using DC/Cloud solutions in Enterprise and Telco domains. Understanding market of IT solutions \ platforms.
Ability to present thoughts and complex concepts to end customers.
Understanding how to take a consultative sales approach with regards to Data Center Technologies. Understanding how to use the SPIN methodology is an advantage.
Technical knowledge and skills
- Data Center Infrastructure (Servers, storages, Load balancers)
- Virtualization, Networking, Infrastructure management
- Security and data center applications
- Subject matter expert in at least 3 technology areas above
- 5+ years of industry experience architecting multi-technology solutions combined with diverse business and technical consulting
- Current hand-on experience is important advantage to
- Various technical certifications; CCIE Data Center and TOGAF would be considered assets
Specific product and knowledge skills
- Have knowledge in different Open Stack releases and realizations (Mirantis, Red Hat, Canonical)
- Hands on knowledge and experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of virtualized environments leveraging VMware technologies
- Hands on knowledge and experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of all flash storage arrays leveraging Dell Enterprise / EMC, NetApp and/or Pure technologies.
Experience with the following specific technologies:
- Computing Systems (HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco)
- VMware vSphereEMC ScaleIONetApp Storage
- Cisco Routing/Switching
- Have extensive experience in Linux OS at least at professional level
- Drives end-to-end technical solution
- Conducts in-depth discussions with external customers and internal stakeholders regarding the technology strategy and key challenges
- Analyze customer technology and business environment & requirements
- Investigate current customer network
- Analyze customer improvement areas and challenges related to technology and business
- Work with Core 3 team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentation
- Provide cost/effort estimates and pricing to solution
- Propose suitable 3PP with requirements for solution
- Handshake solution with stakeholders
- Provide technical support and input to delivery team
- Support PMO with technical solution structure
- Prepare for Solution Life Cycle Management
- Support deployment of solution
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Russian Federation (RU) || || Moscow || ServEng
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 06