Reports to: OSS/BSS UK Manager
The role of the Integration Engineer will be to work with and technically lead other members of the integration team to perform:
- Typical install / upgrade activities:
- HW installs
- HW expansions or reconfigurations,
- SW installation and upgrades,
- Network element or northbound system integration
- Network element migration
- Integration testing
- Presales support: producing WBSs, lists of activities and associated costs, recording assumptions, risks, dependencies, advising on resourcing needs and input to timeplan and scope documentation (SoW)
- This is a hands-on role but also acting as the lead integrator co-ordinating the activities of the off-shore team members
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following activities:
- Work closely with the Ericsson project team and customer technical and project representatives to deliver Integration work packages to the customer, to a high quality, on-time and on-budget.
- Work as part of the delivery team to perform Inter-Site and Intra-Site Integration and/or migration activities across the product range using customer specific instructions.
- Lead on-site trouble shooting and problem solving with E/// teams, customer and third parties.
- Liaise and work with technical support teams on problems or issues found in the field.
- Demonstration of equipment (HW and SW) to customers and obtaining appropriate sign off of network elements
- When applicable, identify add on sales opportunities and address the opportunities to the appropriate function within Ericsson.
- The successful candidate is expected to build and maintain good relationships with internal as well as external interfaces to help develop and get acceptance of new strategies and processes.
Given the varied nature of the team we will be considering engineers from a variety of backgrounds with the following skill sets:
Required: Good practical knowledge of Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems
Required: Good practical knowledge of IP networking
Required: Knowledge of relevant hardware platforms such as HP-Blade, Oracle, EMC.
Required: Previous exposure to VNF and orchestration
Required: Excellent troubleshooting experience
Desirable: IP products such as CISCO, Juniper, Extreme, SBG, SBC.
Desirable: Good consultative skills and experience (GIAP certified)
Desirable: Cloud certified
Required: Good communication skills - both written and verbal, for internal/external comms
Required: Good leadership skills and experience to manage a team of offshore resources working against a set of defined work packages
- Relevant experience in integration or a similar background.
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and products.
- Demonstrable technically focussed skills in documentation writing and delivery.
- Ability to follow documented integration procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights as required by the role.
- Ability to work on-site across the UK as required by the role.
- Must be customer facing with excellent communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with others.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- The flexibility to adapt to the changing requirements of the role.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Integration Engineer Job Stage 05