1st Level Operations
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Position Purpose :
We are now looking for a 1st Level Operations professional. This job role is responsible for the coordination, support, management and execution of reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- Event management activities
- Incident management activities
- Remote site access control
- Legal request execution
- Assurance support activities
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast-paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
- Substantial experience of providing support in a 24x7 Environment, using tools such as Nagios to identify issues
- Knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience supporting and administering Linux environments
- Experience of maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, etc
- Understanding of IP networking and common protocols such as FTP, HTTP and SSH, and understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls
- Initiative to understand an environment and create comprehensive documentation where required
- Willingness to learn and progress
Additional desirable skills for post-holder:
- Knowledge &/or experience of SAN technologies; StorNext, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Experience of using JSON and REST apis
- Knowledge of the Redhat Katello stack including Pulp repository management.
- Knowledge & experience of using Amazon Web Services
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: 1st Level Operations Job Stage 03