2nd Level Engineer CS Core
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
To ensure configuration/Changes/Audit/KPI improvement/Trouble Tickets/Troubleshooting/Security Compliances on various Core nodes on ZTE Network Architecture. /Team management/Customer meetings/ Customer satisfaction.
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Troubleshooting & Problem Analysis / Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies and trouble tickets activities related to CORE Network.
The position responsible will be required:
1) To ensure configuration/ Changes / hardware expansion on various CORE nodes ATCA MSC and MGW/USPP HLR/CSCF/SBC/SSS/ENUM/MGCF/STP/ZTE SS through CR and troubleshooting of network issues through TT on daily basis.
2) To ensure Password policies, security policies and audits are properly & periodically followed.
3) To contribute in the creation and improvements to procedures and routines within the department / group.
4) Auditing the quality of TT and adhere to CR process. Building MOP. Verifications of MOP.
5) Competence building up within team and team management qualities.
6) ATP of new nodes and taking HO from Project.
7) Raising L3 cases with Vendor and following up the same for closure.
- The 2nd Level Assurance Sr. Engineer is responsible for systems by performing the following activities:
- Administrating CORE Network and Support Systems
- Preventive & Corrective Maintenance
- Planned Maintenance (Health Checks, Backups etc.…)
- Problem Escalations and Follow-ups (TT/CSR/TR)
- Interface with Customer, 3PP and ZTE Departments
- Ensure smooth and quality system/service handover from Project.
- Outage reporting
- Adherence to Processes
- Qualifications: [Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering]
- Total Experience: 5-8 years in Telecom Industry
- Relevant Experience: 3-5 yrs. (Relevant to ZTE Core Products)
- Technical and/or functional skills: [Network Nodes ATCA MSC and MGW/USPP HLR/CSCF/SBC/SSS/ENUM/MGCF/STP/ZTE SS/GSM/SS7]
- Experience on ATCA MSC and MGW/USPP HLR/CSCF/SBC/SSS/ENUM/ MGCF/STP/ZTE SS.
- Result oriented
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- A thorough and methodical approach to work.
- Developed skills in Interpersonal communication
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Shah Alam || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 279677