Automation and Optimization Engineer - NM Expert Unit - SA OSS SD
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
If you are looking for company that can offer a real opportunity to make a difference, Ericsson can deliver.
Solution Area OSS Service Delivery is looking for Network Management Automation Engineers to join its global Network Management Expert Unit team.
BDGS SA OSS SD NM Expert Unit is a strategic organization that is set up to support Market Area (MA) customer engagements & deliveries. The Services Expert Unit supports all MA by delivering strategic competence to maximize customer value in selected engagements.
The Automation Engineer develops, deploys, integrates, configures and tests automation solutions and interacts with the customers to develop competence and provide technical solutions that enhance the customer's competitive position. The Automation Engineer delivers solutions that improve the customer's network management and optimization capability. He combines Ericsson's network management and network optimization products, including Self-Organizing Networks and Machine Learning features with integration and automation services to achieve reduced OPEX, optimized CAPEX and improved network quality for our customers.
As an Automation Engineer you will also work together with development units for new service offerings, service assets design, and product introduction in your area of expertise. You will provide your technical expertise in customer delivery engagements globally. You will be a key person for knowledge sharing and you will use your expertise to identify new or add-on sales, and service assets harvesting opportunities.
You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of an Automation Engineer more than often requires you to take initiative and to able to work independently. You will preferably work remotely as part of virtual teams to be more efficient, but in many cases also travel on-site for customer activities.
Being part of the Services Expert Unit means you have and maintain high technical knowledge. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver integration, adaptation, automation, optimization and learning services in relation to automation and optimization products and features and support multiple technologies/platforms, including products from other vendors than Ericsson.
- Introduce and test end-user solution/application or feature to the network.
- Troubleshoot with creativity and different approaches for severe, undefined problems in networks and propose suitable resolving solutions.
- Actively identify add-on sales opportunities related to the delivery phases of ongoing projects in order to contribute to extended sales.
- Promote the re-use of global service assets to improve project lead-time, reduce pre-sales and delivery project costs, and add value to our customers.
- Identify product serviceability improvements and service offering improvements as part of customer engagements.
- Participate with technical knowledge in presales activities and thereby assists and contribute to the sales work of the Core 3 team.
- Provide training courses to Ericsson employees and customers in a non-predefined IT-environment
- In a context of rapid technical development and evolution you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Candidate should have strong experience on the SI projects within Network Management Automation area and experience working with Radio Tuning and Optimization products. He should work with high motivation to contribute to Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Business Generation process.
Willingness to travel in order to fulfill competence, business and customer's requirements.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- Strong technical competence in ENM automation features such as Automated Alarm Handling (FMX), Autonomic Incident Management (Machine Learning), and Flow Automation (Camunda).
- Strong technical competence in Centralized SON solutions based on SON Optimization Manager, including all its tuning and optimization use cases executed in open and closed loop, for the different radio technologies.
- Strong knowledge on RAN tuning and optimization
- Strong knowledge on scripting and programming, including Python and Shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge on HP Blade and Rack-mounted HW and Dell storage systems
- Strong knowledge on Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Knowledge on OSS-RC / SO-EM / IPTNMS / ENIQ-S
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Consultative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued
- GIAP Senior Integration Engineer certification is highly valued
Location Spain (Malaga or Madrid).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || Consulting&SysInt; ServEng
Req ID: 279462