Automation and Optimization Solution Architect - NM Expert Unit - SA OSS SD
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. If you are looking for company that can offer a real opportunity to make a difference, Ericsson can deliver.
Solution Area OSS Service Delivery is looking for Network Management Automation Architects to join its global Network Management Expert Unit team.
BDGS SA OSS SD NM Expert Unit is a strategic organization that is setup to support Market Area (MA) customer engagements & deliveries. The Services Expert Unit supports all MA by delivering strategic competence to maximize customer value in selected engagements.
The Network Management Automation Architect interacts with the customers to develop competence and provide technical solutions that enhance the customer's competitive position. The Automation Architect plans, designs and delivers customer solutions and services that improve the customer's network management and optimization capabilities. He combines Ericsson's network management and network optimization products, including Self-Organizing Networks and Machine Learning features with integration and automation services to achieve reduced OPEX, optimized CAPEX and improved network quality for our customers. The Automation Architect also supports customer incident management as well as radio network tuning and optimization teams to continuously improve network performance.
As an Automation Architect you will also work together with development units for new service offerings, service assets design, and product introduction in your area of expertise. You will provide your expertise in customer engagements globally both in pre-sales and delivery. You will be a key person for knowledge sharing and you will use your expertise to identify new or add-on sales, and service assets harvesting opportunities.
You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of an Automation Architect more than often requires you to take initiative and leading role in pre-sales and delivery projects. You will preferably work remotely as part of virtual teams to be more efficient, but in many cases also travel on-site for direct customer engagement.
Being part of the Services Expert Unit means you have and maintain high technical knowledge. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical and competence developments solutions in new areas and domains required to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Specify and design a technical and/or competence developing solution in co-operation with the customer. The solution often leads to further development and improvement of customers' organization and processes.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Provide the specified customized solutions, where needed covering several domains and layers in the customer network. Products that are FOA and features that are FFI are often included in the customer solution.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally to improve efficiency and quality. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- Promote the re-use of global service assets to improve project lead-time, reduce pre-sales and delivery project costs, and add value to our customers.
- Participate as subject matter expert in the area (solutions) so that technical aspects related to it are taken into account.
- Drive add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Identify product serviceability improvements and service offering improvements as part of customer engagements.
- Manage teams of less experienced engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
- In a context of rapid technical development and evolution you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Candidate should have strong experience working in Solution Architect and Integration Engineer roles on Network Management automation projects and a strong experience in RAN tuning and optimization of 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G technologies. He should be able to work with high motivation to contribute to Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Business Generation process.
Willingness to travel in order to fulfill competence, business and customer's requirements.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- Strong technical competence in ENM automation features such as Automated Alarm Handling (FMX), Autonomic Incident Management (Machine Learning), and Flow Automation (Camunda).
- Strong technical competence in Centralized SON solutions based on SON Optimization Manager, including all its tuning and optimization use cases executed in open and closed loop, for the different radio technologies.
- Knowledge on RAN technologies tuning and optimization
- Knowledge of operators network management processes and use cases related to 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G networks
- Knowledge on ENIQ-S, and its Network Analytics and reporting layer (Spotfire).
- Knowledge on the Ericsson Sales Process and tools
- Knowledge on Operators business process e.g. eTOM and TOGAF
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization and with customers
- Consultative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued
- GIAP Experienced or Senior Solution Architect certification is highly valued
Location Spain (Malaga or Madrid).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 279461