IT Integration Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are looking for an IT Systems Expert who will support the delivery of IT solutions by providing specialized technical expertise on systems, platforms, databases, networks and security in infrastructure projects. IT Solution integrator is responsible for implementing business guidelines and requirements of the customer system/application in recurrent business where the demands and the specifications are well defined.
IT Engineering is part of our global 24/7 Service Delivery Application and Platforms Organization within Business Unit Managed Services.
The scope of IT Engineering encompasses the design, development, deployment, LCM and L3 Support of our common IT production and Lab environments hosting our business applications and platforms.
Main accountabilities – you will:
- • Handle customer or internal projects, drive technical architecture and define full technical infrastructural environment of an IT solution
- • Be involved in requirement gathering
- • Deploy IT solutions and automate IT infrastructure implementations where possible
- • Work in the development team during implementation phase and ensure standards are followed by the project team
- • Work with pre/post implementation documentation and cooperate with IT Architect as well as IT Operations
- • Collaborate within the team and share knowledge with colleagues
Technical Skills - you have:
- • Knowledge and experience with Windows Server platforms (2012/2016) or/and Linux systems: RedHat, CentOS
- • Knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere systems: 5.x/6.x
- • Knowledge and experience with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop technology
- • Knowledge and experience with IaaS/PaaS offering
- • Scripting – PowerShell
- • Very good written and verbal communication skills in English is a prerequisite
- • At least 4 years of experience in deployment complex IT environments including network, server and storage area
- • Business understanding, commercial acumen & market insight
- • Master University Degree in Telecommunication or equivalent professional experience in complex environment
Nice to have skills:
- • Knowledge and experience with Network products: PaloAlto, Juniper, Citrix NetScaler, F5
- • Software Defined Data Center concept including SDN, in particular VMware NSX
- • Storage systems (NetApp, Dell Compellent) and storage protocols: NFS, iSCSI
- • Backup systems, e.g. SMVI, OSSV, Veeam, other
- • Knowledge and experience with automation tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Git
- • Knowledge and experience with JIRA TMT (task management tool)
Personal Skills - you are/you have:
- • Advanced problem solving and analytical skills;
- • Focused on continuous improvement and increase effectiveness;
- • Able to communicate technical information clearly and articulately to different stakeholders and to different customers;
- • Able to perform effective planning, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple task assignments;
- • Good presentation techniques, capable to structure and present an argument so that the desired result is attained;
What we offer
- • We will value your competences
- • You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- • You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- • You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- • You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- • Work from home and flexible work schedule
- • Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- • You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 279223