2nd Level IP Core Engineer
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Job Purpose :
Handling PBN (Packet Backbone Network) Operations and maintaining service availability for PBN nodes with proper work focus for Alarm Monitoring, support Hardware issues, configuration of all Nodes pertaining to IP PBN domains and Outage Support for PBN nodes/ProductsWe are now looking for a 1st Level Operations professional.
You will support the following systems and functions:
- Ensuring a smooth operation of the PBN Network.
- Be part of team managing specific PBN Network activities associated with Mobile GSM Network.
- Administrating PBN support nodes.
- Preventive & Corrective Maintenance.
- Planned Maintenance (Health Checks, Backups etc.).
- Problem Escalations and Follow-ups (CSR).
- Performance Analysis & Investigation.
- Interface with Customer, 3PP and Ericsson Departments.
- Ensure smooth and quality system/service handover from Project.
- New Design implementation and testing.
- Outage reporting.
- Adherence to Processes.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as assigned
- Degree within / Telecommunication Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering, MCA etc.
- Have a 5 to 8 years of experience, with a minimum 3 years’ experience on Cisco and juniper nodes
- Knowledge of Basic Telecommunications Terminology and GSM interfaces.
- Knowledge of Firewalls.
- Certification in CCNP, Juniper will be an additional advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplary time management, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Basic leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and have a determined attitude
- Good PC skills and application knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible in working hours
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Shah Alam || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 278862