Junior Software Developer for Cloud and Virtualization
Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Your Role in Ericsson:
Ericsson IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is a core network solution that delivers rich real-time communication services for both consumer and business users over any access network and for any device types, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, laptops and fixed phones. Examples of communication services are HD voice (VoLTE), Wi-Fi calling, enriched messaging, enriched calling with pre-call info, video calling, HD video conferencing and web communication. Virtualized Network Function (VNF) based IMS networks are deployed globally. Our team in Finland is part of IMS development organization working with these VNFs as well as cloudification of the VNFs.
We're looking for future software engineering superstars' who have fresh ideas and skills from some of the high-end technology areas, such as cloud computing, real-time, large-scale distributed systems, networking and data storage, security and data stream processing. With your technical expertise you will design, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions that power future nerworks. You're confident about your technical skills and eager to learn. You are ready to tackle challenges working together with your agile team on virtualized network functions and cloud technologies.
- About to graduate or just graduated MSc/BSc in Computer Science, Communication engineering, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C, C++, Java, Python
- Basic knowledge or interest in networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Basic knowledge of some of the following: data structures and algorithms, IP and network programming, Linux programming.
- Understanding of modern software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins etc
Seen as advantage not as requirement:
- Knowledge of IP networks
- Experience in network programming and/or developing/designing large software systems
- Experience in developing and optimizing real-time applications for memory, code size and network traffic
- Experience with some of the following areas: open source projects, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Network Function Virtualization, Linux Kernel programming
Apply now or the latest 31st May!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || R&D
Req ID: 278788