Customer Project Manager
Technical Customer Project Manager – New Product Introduction, Establishment Project
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role you will have end-to-end responsibility for New Product Introduction of RAN Hardware, Software, Features and Interoperability.
As a very technical Customer Project Manager you will lead the planning and delivery of radio access network (RAN) new product hardware, software, feature implementation and Interoperability Development/Device Testing against a statement of work. You will be an experienced Customer Project Manager with detailed knowledge of Ericsson RAN products (hardware, software, features and IoDT), functionally reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, working in a matrix organisation under a Program Director and with line management to the Manager of the Program Office.
This Radio Access Network (RAN) project is an establishment project and requires a high skill set to manage extensive program complexities including being a high profile and prime point of contact to the customer, establishment of the Ericsson brand for RAN delivery and interconnection with dependent Ericsson programs, development of new ways of working between organisations with a focus on continued business development and future strategic positioning.
As our ideal candidate, you will have experience with:
- Leading extensive technical delivery of radio access network rollout of new product introduction of hardware, software, features and interoperability development/device testing for a major client as Senior Customer Project Manager
- Working in taking full end-to-end responsibility of Telecommunications Project Management, operational delivery roles and/or technical program management using the Prop-C process in a constructor service delivery working environment
- Establishing and implementing a project plan baseline: defining project scope, securing the necessary resources and planning / monitoring all activities including managing internal stakeholder C-level governance communications, tracking and presenting
- Driving project execution: tracking project activities, monitoring and handling changes, conflicts and critical issues
- Handling customer and partner engagement: managing customer relationship building confidence and trust, ensuring project progress arranging meetings, engaging in commercial negotiation and be able to manage dispute resolution
- Strong financial management skills and be comfortable tracking, reporting and doing analysis on the same - monitoring and handling changes, conflicts and critical issues and developing an understanding of sensitivities and predictive modelling
- Managing key internal stakeholders on program performance and assist with building virtual team capability, efficiency and operational skills
- Developing business: participating to contract preparation and to pre-sales analysis and meetings
- Developing the Customer Project Manager disciplines: simplifying processes, methods and tools with creative ideas and proactive implementation
Your qualifications will include:
- Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent industry experience, Project Management certification (PMP, IPMA-C or PRINCE 2 Practitioner Level) and leadership training
- Min years of experience: 5 years industry experience in telecommunication networks with at least 3 years in a Project Management role with end-to-end accountability for delivery.
- Minimum 3 years technical experience with new product introduction of hardware, software, features and interoperability development/device testing for RAN networks and major clients
- Experience with different types of customers, their business and the ability to adapt to a customer’s culture, processes and ways of working
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen including a broad understanding of profitability, cash flow, performance measures and value creation. Advanced understanding and experience with project finance.
- Negotiation, persuading & influencing skills to manage stakeholders, customer expectations while driving business growth
- Able to work long days, flexible hours, under pressure, resolve issues and disputes and maintain a delivery culture
- Excellent project management skills, techniques and activities to enable successful remote project management
- A keen sense of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management and execution
- Experience at leading virtual teams, including third parties with maintenance of successful delivery
- The ability to be a role model in knowledge sharing, influencing colleagues to share knowledge globally
- Excellent planning & organizing skills with the ability to show consistent performance with cost management, quality of delivery and schedule management during project planning, execution and closure
- Have a good understanding of local market trends in Telecom/ICT and general knowledge about main competitors
- Proficiency with the English Language and a high level of communication skills both verbally and through information packs
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience managing and negotiating with 3rd Parties (ASPs)
- High level of competence in Corporate finance and project management systems, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and information management
**Only candidates with Australian Work Rights will be considered**
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Customer Project Manager Job Stage 07