Manager Microwave Radio Design
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We are looking for a Manager to a Microwave Radio Design section. The section consists of approximately 15 R&D engineers with very high competence within microwave and millimeter-wave design.
As section manager you’ll be part of the Microwave Radio & Modules leadership team.
Microwave Radio & Modules is responsible, within PDU Transport, for indoor and outdoor microwave radio products and modules in MINI-LINK portfolio. MINI-LINK is the world's most deployed microwave transport solution for mobile broadband applications.
We also have a well-established collaboration with PDU Radio, Ericsson Research and DNEW S&T in development and pre-development activities of mmw radio and testbeds for 5G Radio Access.
You, as Microwave Design manager and PD development leader are expected to coach, challenge and develop leaders, individuals, teams and foster an innovative and learning culture. Your responsibilities include:
- Microwave design
- Nurture Microwave competence
- Microwave Radio simulation and Test methodolgy
- Product and component quality
- Drive & Coach Technology Leadership within Microwave design
- Drive & Coach Innovation, Knowledge Sharing and Learning globally
- Develop and deploy Microwave design process, methods and tools in accordance with Ericsson framework and design environment
- Be part of fostering a motivating, customer oriented, and challenging work environment
- Contribute to drive internal efficiency and cost effectiveness
We are looking for an engaged leader and in this position, continuous development, generating energy, coaching, challenge and creating commitment are key skills.
- Result oriented leadership
- Ability to drive change
- Product development experience
- Knowledge and experience of R&D processes and HW development methodologies
- A genuine interest in telecommunication and MW technology
- A genuine interest in people
- Innovation coaching
- Technical leadership skills, ability to understand, support and challenge the technical issues facing your team
- Ability to find and drive continuous improvement work
- Communication & networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Interest and good understanding of the concepts of Lean and Agile ways of working
This position is based in Gothenburg , Sweden. Please apply as soon as possible, since we are interviewing continuously.
Recruiter: Anna Magnusson, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 278630