Data Layer Architect
Data Architect – Athlone, Ireland
Are you Passionate about Persistence?
Want to play a key role in defining the direction of Telecommunications Management?
Self-Motivated, Energetic & Innovative?
PDU OSS is the unit in Ericsson with responsibility for development of Management Systems Software for Mobile Broadband, Cloud & IP Networks. An exciting opportunity exists for a Data Architect within our R&D department.
The Data Architect is responsible for helping to define and realise the vision for Data Persistence and Data Movement in our Network Management and Orchestration systems architectures in a rapidly changing technology space.
The role is challenging and will require interaction with all parts of the company at various stages of the design process. You will work as part of an architecture group and engage with Product Management, Senior Management, other development organisations and Customers to define and agree strategic direction. You will evaluate new technologies for their suitability for use in our products. You will define, plan and execute Proof of Concept activities and Early Development to inform the technical decision-making processes. You will work with design teams in defining and implementing the application architecture to bring the vision into realised products.
A strong and broad knowledge of many aspects of data persistence and movement is required. Our strategy is to support polyglot persistence and a microservice architecture, and our products leverage many data technologies to realise their use cases – for example relational databases, document stores, message busses, bulk data stores, graph engines, in-memory repositories. Technology evaluation, best practices definition, architecture specification, implementation governance and strategy definition are important aspects of the role.
• Degree in Software Development/Electronics or related Science/Technology discipline.
• 7+ years relevant Software Development experience.
• Proven competence in evaluating, deploying and using multiple significant data persistence technology (relational databases, document stores, message busses, bulk data stores, graph engines, in-memory repositories), ideally with and Open Source alternative
• Proven experience in solving the key challenges in data management in large-scale, high-volume, high-throughput software systems: data replication, eventual consistency, ACID/BASE tradeoffs, geographic redundancy, data backup and restore
• Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C++ or Erlang.
• Experience in working with Cloud technologies such as Openstack, VMWare, Kubernetes.
• Experience in modern Architectural patterns such as Microservices and distributed systems
• Experience building applications targeted at PaaS environments such as Openshift, Cloudfoundry
• Understanding of / experience in NFV and SDN
• Understanding of the management challenges of Cloud & IP Networks is desirable
• Customer Focused, Strong Team Player with Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience of working across different organizations/teams within a multi-cultural & international environment
• Ability to drive technical discussion, analyse technical problems and steer new product development
Here is a video of the Ericsson Software Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiyVS5_-Eg0
For more information, or to apply, please visit www.ericsson.com/careers
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer