System Administrator 3rd Line
Job - System Administrator 3rd Line
Red Bee Media
Red Bee Media is a global media and broadcast organization which has more than 2000 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
In this job you will report to the Head of Infrastructure Operations. The team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the diverse infrastructure platforms throughout their lifecycle in order to meet both end user and broadcast infrastructure requirements for Red Bee Media globally.
The technology landscape is a diverse and complex environment with a mix of both current and legacy platforms, as such you will own and take responsibility for the ongoing management and 3rd line support of the infrastructure within the local site. You will operate the software and hardware solutions for internal users and external customers, ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner. You will understand the intricacies of the site, be the primary point of contact for local escalations and want to be a part of a successful team and drive business change.
To accomplish your goals, you will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team, other technical specialists and the business support teams. This job will be required to participate in an after-hours on-call rota.
Experience & Knowledge
For this job the ideal candidate must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Strong infrastructure 3rd line support. Highly skilled at troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and ability to resolve issues in complex system/network infrastructures
- Very strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment and you will be skilled in supporting AD/GPO, Windows Server, core infrastructure components (file/print/DFS, data migrations, RDS), server products (SCCM, SQL) and PowerShell
- In-depth experience with supporting VMware and skilled at troubleshooting
- A good understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing (layer2/3) & how systems work in a complex infrastructure
- Ability to identify core server applications for migration and propose effective solutions
Additional highly desirable skills and experience will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise storage and backup environments, including SAN’s, storage arrays, tape libraries, HSM/CSM environments (i.e. DIVArchive)
- Application deployment with SCCM
- Experience with Linux integration with AD
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment.
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
- Experience of client liaison, including acting as a Technical representative in meetings with technical and non-technical staff
What are we looking for in a person?
- A very high standard of written and spoken English and Dutch languages
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with changing priorities
- A strong commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
- An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- A commitment to knowledge sharing and cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
- An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
- High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.