Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
The Infrastructure Operations Team is a global team responsible for maintaining and supporting the network, storage and compute infrastructure across all sites, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our customers. The local team in Sweden is responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance and life-cycle management of all local infrastructure that enables the delivery of cost effective & reliable solutions to meet both end user computing and broadcast requirements for Red Bee Media.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Operations and will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team and other technical support teams. You will have the ability to call upon and work with these teams to perform your role, including a team of 2nd line technical resources in our Global Service Centre where you will draw on their knowledge and use these resources to achieve your goals.
The existing environment is diverse and complex with a mix of both current and legacy platforms and as such you will take ownership and responsibility for the 3rd line support of the Network-Security Infrastructure for the local site and you will be expected to use your knowledge and experience to perform in-depth troubleshooting, root cause analysis, issue resolution and look to resolve any issues within our SLA’s and prevent interruption to service. You will drive improvements, ensure best practice is adhered to and prioritise workload to help maintain stability of all systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. You will ensure that any new deployments are handed over to operations in accordance with procedure and you will sign off and accept operational responsibility.
You will provide 3rd line operational support in a 24x7 environment and will be required to participate in an out-of-hour’s on-call support rota.
Experience & Knowledge
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Strong network infrastructure 3rd line support experience and ability to quickly troubleshoot & resolve issues in complex environment
- Root-cause analysis of network/security related problems within the infrastructur
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing (layer2/3, multicast
- Extensive experience supporting the following in an enterprise environment
- Juniper or Cisco Firewalls/routers/switch
- RAS and Lad Balancing platforms. Ideally F5 LTM and APM
- Prxy servers, ideally Bluecoat
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- Lifecycle & Capacity management, planning and reporting for all network-security systems
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Appropriate Juniper certifications e.g.: JNCIP (SEC) or JNCIS (FWV)
- Significant demonstrable experience scripting (i.e. Python)
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level environment: VMware, Microsoft AD/SQL/Windows and core infrastructure components
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
The post holder should exhibit:
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- A commitment to knowledge sharing and cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
- An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
- This position is to be held in Stockholm, Sweden.
- If you have any specific questions regarding the position you are welcome to send an email to recruiter Rebecka Gustafsson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking forward to your application!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 278416