As a member of the Infrastructure Network & Security Team you will responsible for the low level design, delivery and 3rd line support of the Networks and Security Infrastructure for Redbee Media globally with a key focus on our local customers. You will be a member of a global team reporting to the Global Network & Security Manager within the Infrastructure Team.
As a member of this team you will work closely with and develop strong relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. Additionally, you will also work with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates. You will be expected to use your knowledge and experience to perform more in-depth troubleshooting, tracing issues to a system or service, which is not performing as expected. Your expertise and knowledge of these systems will look to resolve any issues within our SLA’s and prevent interruption to our world class service. In addition to this, you will have the ability to call upon and work with other teams in the wider business to provide the data and information they need, to resolve wider issues.
The team that you will join works in a semi-autonomous manner assigning various work tasks amongst themselves based upon both knowledge and business priority. The team also takes key decisions on improvements of ways of working. All team members actively take ownership of platform areas and also ways of working.
- Documentation of recurring issues and associated resolutions, to be handed to the Level 1 &2 teams
- Create problem tickets for recurring issues
- Chase change approvals to meet with SLAs
- Manage supplier tickets through to resolution, ensuring proper response times are adhered to and escalating (internally and externally) as needed
- Consolidate and standardize connectivity solutions towards fewer better managed suppliers and circuits.
- Ensure that capacity across the company is being used efficiently and reduce duplication of circuits between destinations.
- Prepare reports and keep diagrams up to date, define rate cards and cost models with SDM
- Define and implement an interconnection strategy with global internet exchanges, CDNs, key suppliers and partners.
- Review the work and timeframe of tickets coming from the L2 team, prior to the ticket being escalated and prioritise accordingly
- Use technology expertise and privileged access to perform advanced troubleshooting of network systems
- Capture and gather data from the network to assist with troubleshooting activities of Networks and the wider infrastructure teams.
- Capture and record configuration information from network devices, to aid in troubleshooting and to assist the business in root cause analysis.
- Investigate and communicate outage impact to service managers and the wider GN&S team
- Ensure information is accurate and informative, liaising with users where needed
- Ensure information for change tickets is accurate and conforms to Global Networks and Security templates
- Carry out complex changes produced in conjunction with other engineers and Network Architects.
You must have substantial experience/knowledge in each of the following areas:
- Working in a large scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional server.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper SRX Firewall in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper Brocade in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management and support of RAS and Load Balancing platforms. Ideally F5 LTM and APM.
- Implementation, management and support of Proxy Servers. Ideally Bluecoat.
- Providing 2/3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call.
- Capacity management, planning and reporting for all security systems
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- Substantial experience fault finding in complex system
- Excellent stakeholder communications to all levels of audience.
- A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
- An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- A commitment to knowledge sharing, cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
- An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
- High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
- A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
The position is based in Hilversum, The Netherlands. If you are interested in becoming a part of our Ericsson community as a Network Engineer, don’t hesitate to apply!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Netherlands (NL) || || Hilversum || IT
Job details: ICT Engineer Job Stage 06