Ericsson has a history and tradition of leading the world in Telecom technologies and services. Now, with Ericsson you have the chance to join us as a Support Engineer to support global customers.
What can you expect from a life in the Ericsson as a Support Engineer?
You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
- Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Interact with leading technologists around the world
- Work directly with Ericsson Product Development team to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal Ericsson teams on how our customers use our services
- Drive customer communication during critical events
Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience running services on Linux/Unix, Technical Support, CSR Handling, Emergency Handling.
- Relevant work experience in Enterprise Systems administration (UNIX/Linux)
- Strong knowledge of scripting
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- A very strong customer focus
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
- Good time management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong team player who is also comfortable working on own initiative
- Flexibility with working hours
- Familiarity with general business terms and processes
- Innovative & creative approach to problem solving coupled with advanced diagnostic & technical analysis skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience in Prepaid Charging (Preferable Ericsson Charging Experiences, OCC, ECMS, nGVS, EMM and better have CMM Solution understanding)
- Experience in Database Administration (Cassandra, Hadoop, Timesten , Oracle)
- Experience in Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Shell, Python etc.)
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies ( VMware, Red Hat Open Stack)
- Understanding of Protocols like Diameter, Camel ,SCAP, Gx, Gy etc.
- Expertise in Redhat Linux administration and troubleshooting, better to have Redhat 7 RHCSA and RHSE Certification
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
The Support Engineer is responsible for assisting our customers by troubleshooting issues, and providing solutions for reported incidents. It combines post go‐live customer support and/or system administration. Main responsibilities include the following:
- Use knowledge-centered support methodologies to troubleshoot complex customer problems, and provide the best available solution or workaround within the agreed service levels
- Liaise with development support to ensure timely correction of code errors / bugs identified
- Provide Mission Critical Support on weekend and evening shift as scheduled
- Proactively drive next generation support for our customers (e.g. Expert Chat, Product Expert on Demand Sessions, Customer Webinars etc.)
- Identify gaps and develop supportability tools to ensure Product Support continues to deliver best in class service and support models for our customers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from Product Support and other lines of business to ensure our customers receive the best possible service
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 278383