MapR Solutions Architect
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Ericsson is hiring a MapR Solutions Architect to join our Group Analytics team in Plano, TX
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide end to end vision and hands-on experience with MapR Platform
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet client needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plan.
- Lead workshops with many teams to define data ingestion, validation, transformation, data engineering, modeling, visualization, AI, and analytics
- Design and develop open source platform components
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver complex projects
- Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Contribute to the thought capital through the creation of executive presentations, architecture documents and articulate them to executives through presentations
- Transform strategy into capabilities
- Manage strategy execution
- Manage solution roadmap
- Design & lead solution development
- Develop and test solution components
- Solution maintenance & support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related disciplines; and/or relevant industry experience in analytics solution design and development activity
- 3+ years of experience on working with large projects including the most recent project in the MapR platform
- 10+ years of experience in designing, architecting and implementing large scale data processing/data storage/data distribution system
- 5+ years of Hands-on administration, configuration management, monitoring, performance tuning of Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- 5+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server/JIRA/GitHub and other code management toolsets
- Experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platform.
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Teradata (or other MPP RDBMS)
- Experience with end-to-end solution architecture for data capabilities including experience with ELT/ETL development, patterns and tooling (Informatica, Talend)
- Be a great communicator
- Project Management Skills
- Lean & Agile Knowledge & Skills
- Applicable process domains knowledge.
- Working with large multi-vendor environment with multiple teams and people as a part of the project
- Applicable analytics technologies; develop and run processes
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt