Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Senior Manager – R&D for GAIA India shall manage teams that will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings as well create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses. As an R&D Manager, he/she shall have two job roles – the primary role of a Product Development Leader and the mandatory secondary role of a Line Manager for R&D teams. Line Manager is a role in the line organization (the operational organization), with the purpose to manage their area of responsibility. He/she shall have one, or more, sub-ordinates and are appointed by a superior manager and approved by the appointees. Line Managers act per the Ericsson Leadership Framework and promote the corporate values, ethics and culture of the organization to ensure excellent performance. Reports to the Head of GAIA India, that is a part Ericsson R&D and shall be a part of the GAIA India leadership team. Interfaces with GAIA R&D teams in other locations such as North America and Sweden; and with key stakeholders from Business and Market Areas.
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent Post Graduate Diploma would be an added advantage.
- Overall industry experience of around 15 years.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a manager, preferably in design or systems management.
- Experience in managing teams working on AI, ML, Big Data and Analytics would be an added advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge across areas and excellent understanding of business issues. Ability to create plans to align technical issues with business strategy.
- Strong ability to see the whole picture and to focus on the important details in a pragmatic and result oriented way with ability to challenge when needed.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Strong partnering skills, with the ability to work across all levels of the organization and across multiple countries, effectively collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent people management skills to attract motivate and retain talent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Independent self-motivated and well organized with analytical mind.
- Demonstrably trustworthy (thru reference checks)
- Strong sense of duty and initiative
- Responsible for overseeing the development, support, maintenance and implementation of projects handled by GAIA India team(s).
- Responsible for overall success of the GAIA India unit, comprising of multiple technology/product teams through strategic planning and alignment of units with broader organizational business strategy.==
- Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning modelsand solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Responsible for overall P&L and technical growth of the specific line units.
- Responsible for developing appropriate processes and road map for the team(s) including hiring plans, training requirements, staffing etc. Requires extensive knowledge of major segments in the organization, knowledge of several disciplines and ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas.
- Course of actions are guided by corporate goals and strategy only.
- Resolves critical issues impacting overall organization direction and results.
Location : Bangalore (or) Chennai