2nd Level Operations - Core VAS Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
You will be a Support Engineer in 2nd Level Assurance VAS team. The role is to support into production the VAS systems of the Maintain and improve the customer’s network and provide technical support, fault investigation, troubleshooting. Be responsible for the Operation, Maintenance and Performance of the customer network. Keep the performance of system resources at optimum level by ensuring that network/application problems are detected and corrected according to agreed KPI and SLA. Perform proactive actions in order to prevent system failures and related impacts on customer services.
Take full responsibility for configuration changes introduced in the systems and keep the resources configurations and status under control. Contribute in the creation and improvements of monitoring alarms and procedures/routines. Perform 24x24 on-call shifts.
• To act on relevant problems escalated from the Front Office surveillance team so that resource problems are remedied or escalated to corresponding system support units according with defined SLA
• Follow the cases with the system support units till they provide a viable solution for each case
• Closely following of case life cycle and regular updates performed in ticketing application
• Daily checks of HW/SW under responsibility
• Regular reports creation
• Proactive daily verifications and solving of found issues
• Ensure that operational procedures are up to date. New operational procedures constantly created.
• Change Management
• Vendor Management
• Performance Management
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Problem solving - troubleshooting
• Preventive maintenance activities
• Project and KT support
• Traffic/trend monitoring
• Documentation-OPI (Operations Procedure Instruction)/WI(Working Instruction)/MOPs (Method of procedures)
• Creation and improvements of monitoring tools
• Account management
• Back & Restore activities
• Incident Report analysis
• Capacity analysis
• System Administration
• Knowledge of servers HW/SW and their characteristics in Service networks area (e.g. SMSC, MMS, Voice Mail, Video Mail, VPN, OTA, Email, ADC, Intelligent Network, OLM, SAPC, SASN)
• Cloud infrastructure OpenStack
• Good level of OS: UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX), Linux, Windows
• Basic experience with Databases: Oracle, LDAP
• Experience with scripting languages: ksh, bash, Perl
• Basis understanding of TCP/IP suite
• GSM network architecture
• SQL language
• UNIX operating system commands
• Good Windows knowledge
Personal Skills - you are/you have:
• a relevant graduate degree;
• fluent in English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected;
• the ability to cope in a fast-changing environment; flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands;
• an effective communicator, both written and verbal;
• the ability to work within a global, remote workforce;
• the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• the ability to work under pressure.
• able to work independently and proactively
• flexible and responsive to changing work patters and demands
• able to work as a member of a team and lead junior staff.
• able to work under pressure.
• open approach to solving problems
• able to work to tight timelines
• Willing to learn
What we offer
• We will value your competences
• You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
• You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
• Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Req ID: 277684