Senior NFVi/Cloud Integration Engineer
The main role of the Integration Lead Engineer in this position will be to work on the CORE network across the Telco Cloud and the wider Telco Core & Cloud (TCC) Portfolio, having specific expertise to manage the onboarding, integration, troubleshooting and testing of IMS & Packet Core VNFs into a customer NFVi environment. The ability to deep dive including hands-on analysis is essential. It includes virtualization of all nodes on Ericsson proprietary HDS8000 hardware, with CEE (Openstack), plus other 3PP platforms and VIMs.
The wider TCC portfolio covers:
- Cloud Execution Environment (Virtualised Infrastructure Manager) - OpenStack based
- Other 3PP Hypervisors - VMware
- Hardware solutions (COTS -e.g. Dell, HP, CISCO and Ericsson proprietary - e.g.Hyperscale Datacentre System (HDS)8000 & Blade Server Platform (BSP) 8100.
- Data Centre Transformation/Modernisation
- UDM (HSS, HLR, CUDB, EIR, UPG, AAA)
- VoLTE, ViLTE & VoWiFi
- M2M (Device Connection Platform)
- EPC (Evolved Packet Core)
- Switching (MSS)
- IMS Core (CSCF, MTAS, BCE, SBG)
- Diameter and STP signalling control
- Regulatory Solutions
The Integration engineer will be responsible for leading the integration team (on and off-shore) and participation in the following:
- HW installs
- HW expansions or reconfigurations,
- SW installation and upgrades,
- Configuration preparation based on LLD
- Integration testing
- MOP preparation
- Input/review of services costing
- Progress Reporting
An example of this role would be to lead and participate in the implementation a vIMS solution preparing build files, onboarding, configuring, testing and troubleshooting the VNFs and E2E solution. Acting as the technical implementation SPOC towards the customer, steering a team of local and off-shore integrators, providing inputs into the planning of the delivery and reporting progress, as well as overseeing the end to end integration requiring coordination of other domain experts from TCC or OSS/BSS.
While this is undoubtedly a highly technical role, what differentiates a high performer will be the soft skills required to win over the customer, and virtual teams including the ability to demonstrate behaviours relating to leadership, self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy, and motivation.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Technical SPOC for CORE VNF implementation in NFVi environments
- Experience on Hypervisors (preferably Openstack)
- SME for onboarding VNFs into customer NFVi environments
- SME for CORE implementation, testing & troubleshooting
- SME for troubleshooting issues with VNF interworking with NFVi.
- Drive the implementation and provide leadership to other integrators and technical Subject Matter Experts (SME) whether local or off-shore.
- Secure quality in all Integration deliverables, and adherence to customer ways of working, customer expectations and strict adherence to agreed timelines.
- Reporting progress, identifying risks & suggesting mitigations.
- Driving issue resolution through analysis of traces E2E across the solution and associated IMS & Packet Core nodes.
- Analysing the impact of and feasibility of change requests
- Ensuring customer satisfaction during delivery and handover.
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
Position Qualifications: Core Competences:
- Deep knowledge and experience in implementation and troubleshooting of CORE VNFs.
- Deep knowledge and experience in implementation and troubleshooting of CORE E2E.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Hypervisors, particularly Openstack.
- Extensive experience and expertise of onboarding and troubleshooting Telco VNFs onto an Openstack environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Openstact, MANO, OPNFV, Open Daylight, TMF, ETSI and similar industry forums and standardization orgs and projects.
- Strong practical knowledge of Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Strong practical knowledge of IP networking
- Extensive Telco Industry understanding and experience
- Leading virtual teams
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Sales Process awareness
- Interpersonal Skills including verbal and written communication excellence
- Commercial awareness.
- Highly developed personal traits including self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy and motivation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Integration Engineer Job Stage 06