The Consulting & Systems Integration Packet Core/NFV Solution Integrator supports the realization of Packet Core/NFV/Cloud solutions in Labs and Customer environments.
Solution Integrator Duties:
- Install Cloud environments and vEPC in various hardware environments
- Integrate, verify and commission cloud solutions in complex IP and/or Core systems in customer environments.
- Trouble shooting/analysis of faults and proposed solutions
- Document of test specification and test reporting
- Work closely with Solution architects to in integrating customer solutions
- Address challenges of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platform integration.
- Run PoCs, demo and customer Projects of vEPC solutions for customers
- TaaS (Testing as a Service) for vEPC releases
- Demonstrate advanced skills in communicating, leading, influencing, building networks and relationships, presenting, coordinating, planning and delivering results.
- Work effectively under pressure, across multiple cultures and complex environments
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Manage customer relationships at different levels
- Develop technical presentations & proposals, & perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution and work in a DevOps environment
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas & proactively share information.
- Ability to travel.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences
Knowledge and skills in the following areas will be assessed:
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Ericsson Evolved Packet Core (EPC), ETCP Packet Core Professional Certified. (Preferred Expert level certification)
- Competence with server/networking hardware of several vendors, e.g. HP Blade System, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Extreme, Cisco and EMC.
- Technological familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud.
- Have extensive experience in Linux OS installation, administration and scripting.
- Know the general concepts of virtualization, different hypervisor products, e.g. KVM, Hyper-V, Esxi and associated management software.
- Understand Network function virtualization architecture and integration points.
- Understand cloud management and orchestration of NFV infrastructure.
- Also an understanding and hands-on of Openstack networking, e.g. OpenVSwitch
- Have a deep IP networking knowledge across IGPs, EGP - BGP, Security, IP/MPLS, NATing, VPN, etc. Advanced certifications are a plus.
- Ideally have a broad knowledge and experience of Telecommunication networks, from service and application layer to backbone
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, customer facing environment
- Experience in a customer facing role, e.g. professional services, support, etc
- Be able to travel internationally with short notice in line with business requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Integration Engineer Job Stage 06