Strategic Product Management
Part of Product Management team in our Ottawa office or Stockholm office you will be setting the direction of our Service Assurance product. In this role, you will define product features tailored to specific market opportunities and in some cases produce a business case to justify the investment required to build the solution. Working closely with both customers and the Ericsson sales team, you will secure buy-in on our product solutions and gain understanding of our customer’s detailed requirements. Partnering with the engineering team, you will ensure the detailed market and customer requirements are properly prioritized and delivered by our release plans. Working with marketing you will create roll-out strategies with supporting collateral for the sales team.
- Conduct market and customer research in support of developing the Product Strategy
- Prepare the business case for each product, along with a product roadmap
- Define Solutions, product specifications, pricing structure and roll-out strategies for each region
- Provide input to thought leadership initiatives including product messaging, speaking opportunity support and materials development
- Develop core product and solution value propositions – key messages, target audience, technical and business value proposition
- Create Marketing Content, Produce Collaterals (ROI calculators, Use Case, Customer Facing Business Case, Solution Description, Sales Presentation)
- Conduct competitive analysis and track industry activity
- Provide support for product demonstrations and presentations at industry events– including pitches, messaging
- Drive product sales training of Sales Team
- Provide RFP/RFI Support
- Combined 10+ years in Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Engineering roles
- Extensive Product Management experience in the Telecom industry, ideally dealing with mobile, enterprise access, and data center services providers
- Expert Knowledge of emerging technology trends including Cloud/SDN/NFV and Data Analytics
- Deep experience in specifying and delivering OSS / Performance Monitoring products
- Deep knowledge of ETSI MANO functional blocks and component
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Transport)
- Experienced in Agile software delivery methodology & frameworks
- Strong customer presentation skills and effective in all customer interactions
- Effective in engaging with internal technical teams and assisting engineering in driving overall product vision
- Experience in designing and executing product marketing programs is desirable
- Solid written, oral communications skills
- Ability to articulate corporate and product messaging
- Global travel is required - participate at industry events, support pre-sales activity
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and craft a more balanced future. With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 277391