We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
Solution Architect Duties:
- Gathering requirements from Customers (internal and external) for design and implementation of vEPC solutions.
- Coordinating with PDUs, Product Managers and different Lab Environments to realize and implement solutions.
- Understand 3PP requirements and capabilities in the design and implementation phase.
- Coordinate with SAs from other domain areas e.g. SDN, IMS and Cloud on the design of end to end solutions.
- Creating HLD designs for vEPC solutions.
- Coordinating project execution with matrix organizations spread across different domains and geographic regions.
- Have good experience in delivering end to end Solutions within Packet Core Domain
- Have strong understanding of OpenStack, Networking and Virtualization
- Scope, design, define and plan for Infrastructure Architecture and system deployment and/or upgrade as well as integration of Packet Core Solutions for Cloud and non-cloud environments.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
- Ability to design and lead Proof of Concept Trials in the vEPC area.
- Prepared to work within a Technology Driven Professional Services Organization
- Good communicator and coach
- Pro-actively drive improvements in the methods, processes, and guidelines within the customer organization or internally
- Acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues
- Possess a strong consultative mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and cooperate in teams, projects and networks to achieve results
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Ability to travel.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences
Knowledge and skills in the following areas will be assessed:
- Preferably over 4 years relevant experience in the area of Solution Architect
- Communication Skills
- Thorough understanding of current telecom and IT networking technologies
- Knowledge and experience building cloud infrastructure and virtualization, Network function virtualization
- Virtualization Technologies (i.e. KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK, vmWare)
- Cloud Technologies
- 5G Packet Core Knowledge and Experience
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV/SDN)
- Ability to find and understand relevant standards such as 3GPP and IETF
- Ability to work under pressure and in quickly changing environments
- Fluent English
- Excellent IP networking knowledge
- Open systems knowledge
- High Technical competence in Packet Core nodes (i.e. MME, EPG, SAPC..), Packet Core Professional Certified
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead others and work in a team environment
- Ability to provide technical training to internal/external customers
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment working closely with customers
- Strong relationship building
- Strong Telecommunications network knowledge
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 277361