Cloud/NFVi Solution Architect
The main purpose of the Solution Architect in this position will be to work end to end across the Cloud (and often wider CCL)Portfolio having specific expertise in NFVi solutions and in-depth knowledge and experience with the various hypervisors available on the market. To gather customer requirements and develop compelling propositions delivering unique value to customers. The Solution Architect will work across the complete sales and delivery cycle from creation of initial demand through refinement of the proposition to delivery of the final solution.
The wider CCL portfolio covers:
- Cloud Execution Environment (Virtualised Infrastructure Manager) – OpenStack based
- Other 3PP Hypervisors
- Hardware solutions (COTS –e.g. Dell, HP, CISCO and Ericsson proprietary – e.g.HDS8000 & BSP 8100).
- Data Centre Transformation/Modernisation
- UDM (HSS, HLR, CUDB, EIR, UPG, AAA)
- Enriched Communications , Unified Communications, Messaging, RCS
- VoLTE, ViLTE & VoWiFi
- M2M (Device Connection Platform)
- Data Centric Security
- Prime Integrator
- Third Party Systems Integration
- Switching (MSS)
- IMS Core (CSCF, MTAS, BCE, SBG)
- Diameter and STP signalling control
- Regulatory Solutions
- Intelligent Networks
- Service Exposure
The Solution Architect is expected to be able to understand and gather customer requirements, scope solutions and manage the solution into delivery across Software, Hardware and Services. Where required they will take the role of Customer Solution Responsible (CSR) and work together with other members of the Ericsson CORE THREE sales governance model (Account Commercial Responsible (ACR) and Customer Fulfilment Responsible (CFR)).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Business Creation by articulation of the CCL value propositions to customers.
- Thought Leadership to challenge customer beliefs.
- Presentation of industry trends and market challenges.
- Gathering customer requirements to develop into customer solutions.
- Developing Solution Descriptions to form commercial offers.
- Formulating services strategies to deliver the proposed solution in a cost effective and reliable manner.
- Responding to customer RFPs incorporating Solutions Descriptions, Dimensioning
- Responsibility for the END TO END solution scope
- Models, Statements of Compliance, Statements of Work, Time Schedules, scoping and costing.
- Drive the solution resources and provide leadership to other technical Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Negotiation with customers on the technical aspects of solutions in order to balance the functionality (value) offered against the customer budget.
- Leadership of the solution team to estimate and manage presales OPEX budgets.
- Customer presentations.
- Responding to customer technical questions and managing the technical agenda.
- Managing the software customization process (Market Development (MDE) study and ordering process)
- Managing the solution during delivery including customer expectations according to original requirements.
- Driving add on sales.
- Analysing the impact of and feasibility of change requests
- Creation of the hardware and software order carts, including raising exemption requests to the Product Units when required
- Working with legal teams to create contract technical annex(s)
- Ensuring customer satisfaction with the solution during delivery and handover.
- Support deployment of the solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
Position Qualifications: Core Competences:
- Broad and deep knowledge and experience in NFVi solutions
- Broad and deep knowledge and experience in Hypervisors.
- Industry understanding
- Customer requirement gathering
- Sales Process knowledge
- Leading virtual teams
- Solution scoping and requirement interpretation
- Services scoping and estimation
- Interpersonal Skills including verbal and written communication excellence
- Commercial awareness.
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Highly developed personal traits including self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy and motivation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || Dublin || Consulting&SysInt
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 07