- We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
- The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- The Engineer will be based locally in Benghazi and part of a team in Tripoli.
Job role Responsibilities
- Customer Support and Integration Engineer (CNS) enables efficient service delivery of contracted customer support services (according to the contracted Services Level Agreements by means of established processes) by leading and owning the Customer Service Request (CSR) investigation to its conclusion within the Ericsson support organization.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Customer, internal/external Stakeholders, Project Organization and Global Function Engineers.
- With detailed customer networks knowledge, knowledge of the customer strategies and implemented solutions, the CNS Engineer identifies business leads and promotes Ericsson products and services to secure add on sales.
- Drive knowledge transfer
- Taking active part of the Emergency Handling support, Remote or On-site Assistance 24/7.
- Provide 1st Level support for MSS and Packet Core (i.e. Evolved Packet Core MME / EPG on Virtual Platform, HLR, HSS, MGW, MSC, UDC ) and Operations Data Network such as IP and Transport that serve GSM, GPRS, WCDMA, LTE technologies .
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Assisting in correcting capacity and performance related issues for all IP, Mobile Switching and Packet Core Traffic.
- Work with the Cross Domain team to ensure the integration of new Technologies/Nodes within the Operations processes.
- Will organize and produce weekly and monthly reporting and perform trend analysis to assist in the support of implemented Services
- Provides input to and is a primary contributor to Root Cause Analysis activities (RCA) related to network outages.
- Interact with the other Service areas (IP and Backbone) for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the Core Infrastructure as necessary.
Customer, Service Delivery Manager (SDM) /Customer Technical Manager (CTM), Customer Project and Implementation Managers (CPM & IM), Global Engineering function and Regional Support center (incl 1st and 2nd Line Global Support and Production Unit PDU) . Interface with external groups such as Vendor Technical Support as required.
Tools & Resources
CSR handling tool, Automatic data collection, Structured Knowledge management tool, Remote Access solution, Business Portal, tools for handling Trouble Reports and Correction Packages request toward PDU.
Core Competences & Domain experience:
- Strong Knowledge of Telecom Operations Practice and IT Processes/tools/infrastructure
- Excellent ease and ability with troubleshooting (using applications such Wireshark, Shell (Linux), etc), node configuration and network extension, Problem Solving and analytical skills.
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations.
- Good Experience in Packet Core Technology : GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/LTE
- Good knowledge in 2G/3G/4G e2e core network design and implementation.
- Good Experience with MSC, HLR (including FE), UDC, MGW, AXE and CPP platforms, are highly valued if available.
- Good Experience with OSS and ENM is highly valued if available.
- Ability to work with technology in early phases, desire to learn new technologies and willingness to share knowledge/skills with others
- Strong service mindset and Excellent teamwork skills, with ability to build quick and effective work relations.
- Ability to set and focus on the goal in a rush and stressed environment with strategic thinking.
- Experience from an international work environment is highly valued if available.
- Willingness to travel, in order to fulfill competence, business and/or customer requirements
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.