MoF Change Manager
We are now looking for a Change Manager to be part of the IT SECOPS Operational Control MoF unit in Group IT. The Change Management Function in OC MoF is responsible for the management, control and governance of the IT change management process execution in Ericsson. The Change Manager is responsible for chairing the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Technical Advisory Board (TAB) meetings and has the authority to approve or reject change requests submitted by change requesters post review according to the defined change management process. To ensure change control, traceability and SOX compliance, the Change Manager has the mandate to request for additional information and updates to be made in the Change Requests (CR) from the Change Requester. Depending of the level of complexity of the change, the Change Manager has the mandate to request for further action and information to mitigate the risk of a change with high risk and impact.
This section details the operational activities that should be performed by individuals performing this role within the Ericsson Change Management Process.
- Apply a structured change management methodology and plan change management activities.
- Chair Change Advisory Board (CAB) for the coming and past changes.
- Evaluating Changes by performing Quality Review. Assess, review and approve/reject change requests according to the process and work instruction.
- Proactively reviewing incoming changes in IPCC workflow tool to identify complex change situations, major changes of different nature were there could be a risk of collisions
- Ensures Change Management process is being adhered to by all suppliers & Changes are coordinated across the entire environment.
- Closes the Change request (Emergency Changes) after implementation results have been reviewed
- Produces and communicates the Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC)
- Manages concerns with high existing and potential business impact. This includes managing change escalation end to end with all involved suppliers when required.
- This includes matters that cannot be resolved by the supplier Change Manager through supplier meetings.
- Creates Change Calendar & obtains approval from stakeholders.
- Performs validation checks in Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure that the Configuration Items involved in the changes are reflected correctly in eCMDB. Work with MoF Configuration Management for any discrepancy discovered.
- Chair Technical Advisory Boards (TAB) meetings when required. Engage with stakeholder and suppliers during TAB meetings to ensure change planning including procedure, resources, communication and risk mitigation are considered to secure successful implementation.
- Conduct post-mortem analysis and drive corrective action for unsuccessful changes that have resulted in major business impact.
- Engage with Business SME’s to ensure appropriate support from Service management and Delivery management
- Identifies improvements and work with the Operations Lead, Global Quality Lead or SME to improve the Change Management process and ways of working.
- When requested by the Global Delivery Lead, Operations Manager or Ops Lead, support the SOX GRC monthly controls, monthly check proof of SOX controls sent from responsible IT Delivery Manager, checks done before signoff by process manager.
- When requested by the Global Delivery Lead, Operations Manager or Ops Lead, support and participate in regular SOX audits (bi-yearly) being the change management representative, before signoff by process manager.
- Education: Bachelor of Information Technology or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in IT operations in general and at least 2 years of experience within IT Change management
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Knowledge sharing experience. Able to demonstrable experience in planning and delivering change management activities e.g. training, coaching and presentations
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills. Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in agile and ambiguous situations
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere. Ability to deal with stress of competing priorities.
- Effective organizational skills. Able to organize, delegate, and leverage resources to accomplish objectives.
- Strong analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve.
- Ability to research and create structure
- Corporate policy awareness
- Competence in ITIL service support processes – ITIL Practitioner certificate
- Good understanding of other processes (Problem, Incident and Configuration manager)
- Technical knowledge in one or more technical domains (Network, Storage, Server) is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the Ericsson organization is an advantage
- Business processes
- Organization structure
- IT landscape and Production environment
- Experience in change management in a hybrid operating model (Traditional Waterfall and Agile/DevOps) is an added advantage
ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation
ITIL V3 Service Operations or ITIL V3 Operational Support and Analysis
SAFe for Teams (Agile - SAFe version 4.6)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 276606