Junior Network Engineer PacketData
Job: Junior Network Engineer PacketData
The Service Delivery Unit Network Design & Integration (SDU ND&I) is one of five SDU’s that together constitute Ericsson Network Services B.V. Within the SDU ND&I, the department Core is responsible for executing voice and data related activities. These activities include network integration, configuration, testing and delivery of new services for our customers. We work on the basis of a high level design that is translated in low level designs resulting in configuration for network elements. The position that is vacant will be part of the data part of the team, supporting internet related services for our customers 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G networks.
The network engineer will work in projects for the customer, in constantly differing project teams. In this role the network engineer will have many contact moments with the customer and other suppliers. Activation of the infrastructure is usually done in service windows, following strict change management procedures (involves night work in service windows).
Plan, implement and optimize data network infrastructure, within existing guidelines and procedures, keeping in mind the business and/or project requirements.
Stay ahead of the telecom developments; continuously improve one’s own knowledge on elements, technologies, standardisation [LTE, Diameter, VOLTE, etc] and network configurations.
This young professional program seeks to find high potential technological graduates who want to become the best in the field of expertise of Telecoms. Depending on the interest and the development of the young graduate, he or she has the possibility to either specialize in the direction of a technological expert, a business excellence expert or a future telecoms leader. In two years the young graduate will be taught to become a full operational expert in the field of telecoms networks that enables the graduate to grow into other positions in the company.
As part of a project team, the young graduate should plan and prepare implementations in the network, and validate and apply low level designs within the framework of existing processes and procedures. Doing this, he/she must ensure that the activities can be done within the agreed planning with the correct quality standard.
- Build, configure, optimize, test and accept new network elements, conform design and change management procedures.
- Implement and activate new network infrastructure with a minimum of disruption of the availability of the service.
- Actively maintain and develop knowledge of the competence area, in order to be able to perform the activities with a sufficient knowledge level.
- Analyse and solve complex incidents to guarantee the availability of the network.
- Advise, deliver input for year plans and recommend technical improvements to Technical Managers to contribute to the optimization of the networks.
- WO/HBO+ degree (technical/telecommunications).
- Interest in Broad Telecoms, IT and Technology.
- Acquaintance with telecom Packed Switched protocols and networks.
- 0 to 2 year working experience.
- Responsible, service minded, flexible, taking initiatives.
- Able to advice in a convincing way, verbally as well as on paper.
- Good communication skills both in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Organized and disciplined: works according to strict processes and procedures.
- Understand the interest of internal and external customers.
Main location for the data network engineer is Maastricht (Limburg, Netherlands). The work also requires presence on customer premises throughout the country and the Vodafone Test Centre (Heerlen).
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.